Solta Medical

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to hear from current employees of Solta Medical on the surgical sales positions. Can you give me an overview of the company, products, market's perception, market shared, competitors, etc. Any true info you can provide is much appreciated! Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a current employee (hopefully not for much longer). Overall, Solta is a sinking ship and currently running on fumes. Management is inexperienced and products are on life support. Surgical products include Vaser Lipo and Fraxel re:pair system - VL is a great lipo device but will never succeed without the marketing support that it is not getting from the current marketing hacks. FR is an old fractional product that is trying (unsuccessfully) to be brought back to life into a now commoditized industry full of products that don't have consumables (ie - cheaper for the doctors). Market perception is bad now that Valeant is at the helm - Valeant is not well respected among derms or plastics. If you don't believe me, just call a few in your local area and they will tell you themselves. Sales are tough and leadership is poor, so I would recommend you look elsewhere for sales position. Again if you want to do your homework, ask others about the sales and marketing teams and specifically about VPB, JK and JS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are things coming along out there at the plant level with the folks from St. Louis sent in to help with the operations?