views on agn

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha yea 30% my @ss

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Faber's analysis is always good. The 30+% likely to want a special shareholder meeting is supported by the change in Allergan's shareholder base from "long only" to "event driven" funds.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan dismisses more votes coming in !!?! Come on wake up!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you probably dismiss Ackman as being an Ahole!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget about Pearson. He's an asshole too. Equal opportunity.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a Valeant guy but I do work here , think that most here are mindless robots. Will move on if the right opportunity presents. Do not fool yourself- Mikey , Ackman, and his many other investors will put up a good fight and probably win the day- is it right? will people get slashed, yep, will people who you think are in the inner circle fall on the sword, yep. The place really is all about the board and the CEO. No one who is a rep etc will ever be here long enough to get paid like the people at the top-. In short , getting paid right now but this is not a place to build wealth at the lower levels of sales- place is ass backwards and people will do whatever the big man says in the hope they may impress him enough to stay for more than 2 years

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate this mentality in pharma. Obviously you have to balance practicality and profit aspect of running a company, but Valeant strikes me as completely not giving a shit about physicians, patients, employees and research innovation (except for when they backpedaled and said "oh no we love innovation" once they were criticized).

It's all about shareholders, the board, and the CEO. I mean all those billionaires are so poor, they totally need another billion because their private jet doesn't even have diamond encrusted windows.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For all those who actually think this comes down to a shareholder vote in regarding to ousting the BoD for AGN- Never going to get that far.

You all are in for a major surprise and that will be announced soon! Bye bye VRX.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I think is hilarious is AGN is about to buy a company that they would not have bought 6-9 months ago. Purchasing a company simply to dodge Valeant is a stupid and reckless thing to do.

The funniest thing is watching the AGN people like the one above pound their chests, totally unaware that if AGN buys Jazz or another company they will be laying off more AGN people.

It was said months ago but its true...whatever happens, the AGN you knew and loved is dead. Dead and gone.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think Pyott's troubles end with buying Jazz or Salix. These deals are considered more defensive than value adding. Unless any AGN acquisition provides more value than the VRX deal, there will be some angry shareholders. I can see Ackman still moving to replace the AGN board.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the two previous posters are fools if you think AGN is buying solely as a defensive move without any value in the acquisition. Anything to prevent VRX from buying them is the goal and Ackman is the least of the worrys. Bring on the lawsuits cause what you will read about with dash the hopes of any VRX person who thought this deal was done months ago. And for the poster who referred to the AGN as "pounding his chest", that is exactly the image you might want to remember after you wake up and read the newspaper the day the announcement is made public. Oh and I will put on here "I told you so."

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stupid thing to do would to allow Valeant to take control of AGN. ANYTHING AGN does to avoid being raped by Valeant needs to happen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked for AGN for 3 years, and have to say it has been the best job I have had.
    Our understanding of VRX is that pretty much all of us will lose our jobs if they take over.
    It is also being suggested that we won't be treated very well when that happens.

This whole hostile bid has ripped the heart out of AGN, a company that was delivering great results with a future, but it seems that the greedy money men want to cash in and the average person is left looking for work.

Is it as bad as we are led to believe? What sort of % jobs remain after takeover?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Yes, there were big cuts in RD. All the rest of the cuts came from duplicate roles. Legal/finance/admin/customer service.

And at least in the B+L merger, just as many valeant employees were let go as Bausch. Valeant did a really good job identifying the talent they needed from both organizations.

The work environment can be hectic because it's a lean business, but nobody is on the brink of stress breakdowns.

The pay and benefits are great, bonus and stock option plans are really reasonable.

I know a lot of people gripe (generally those laid off) but it's not a bad place to work. If you stick around longterm your options grow rapidly.

In the B+L merger 70% of the total company was retained.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such deep cuts in R&D = NOT a pharma company. It's a roll-up and it ONLy cares about making billionaires more money. Complete disgrace!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Part of this is true and part is not. Pay is good, benefits are ok, stock option is a joke.

Lean doesn't begin to describe the work environment. Morale is low at our location. People keep leaving on their own or volunteering to be part of the next layoff. Many we're let go and brought back as contract for less.

If you do stick around, your options are good because you'll assume the responsibilities of two or three who left.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Options grow rapidly?
    This is a joke right? If you are a District Manager or rep, the stock grants are pathetic. Everybody laughs at these.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh No! Another whining sales rep. They work a good 20 hours a week, get bonuses just for showing up and spend more company time looking for their next job than working. They are always the first ones to say that pay is low and morale is in the toilet.