CCS Medical from Pharma?

Discussion in 'Endocrinology' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2006 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me if moving to CCS medical from big pharma is a good move? The base and bonus are slightly better and I would get a car allowance. Do the DM's do monthly ride-alongs like in Pharma? How is their training? ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!!!! Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am thinking about making the same move, have you decided yet? What else have you found out since you posted?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I decided against it. Low base, no car and average bonus potential. I've been in pharma too long and have become a little spoiled with the 10-2 workdays. I'm going to move to specialty sales instead.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck and thanks for the feedback.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work with CCS a lot! I sell Accu-Chek meters. I love my rep, but hate her company. She busts her ass out there and you know what she gets in return--crap from her manager. This is not a one case targeting thing. The quota is high--unrealistically high. All the reps in the company are on probation if they are under 70--and were told that if they do not reach the quota next month, they will have to "take action".
    The culture of CCS medical is crap--I am a positive poster here but am compelled to write such negitive feedback.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS just hired a training facilitator from big pharma a couple months ago! The company used to be very entrepreneurial, but things are changing fast.

It's like selling drugs (marketing drugs), but instead, you try to convince the phone nurse, RN, CDE, Doc, staff, billing coordinator to submit a person's prescription to CCS. Originally, I thought it involved a discounted price, but the only Advantage??? is that the test strips, meters, etc are shipped directly to the patient's home. Even after a submission of the Rx, CCS must verify the person's insurance in order to actually sign them on. The CCS rep only gets paid on how many "new sign-ons" come in each month. Many patients make the list, many do not. Even so, my experience in diabetes, pharmacies, GP's, and Endo office says that patients like the personal attention of a pharmacists. Many elderly patients plan their day around refilling drugs...they look forward to getting out in public.

Also, I know some CCS reps. The quota for each is climbing monthly - even if they are not hitting their numbers. They can't use fuel cards on weekends, cell phone minutes are very limited. Car allowance is decent.

The company is privately owned, so when pushing its reps to hit ridiculous numbers, the company is also cutting back on expenses.

DM's and recruiters will sell you on how you'll be considered more than a drug rep, but a business partner instead. But in all reality, it's just like a drug rep, but with more red tape.

Finally, the final interview is not just a meet and greet, but instead a very wierd, over-the-top interview with Rob Jarvis, the VP of Sales. He came from another mail-order company and CVS pharmacy. He's interesting...and we'll leave it at that.

Personally, I took a look at this interview, and during it in the late stages, my potential DM and I had a very "real" conversation which ultimately led to me looking elsewhere. Not to mention he left a month later to get back into the field and sell devices.

I really do hope this helps. I might have a negative slant, but any good sales person with call a spade a spade, then move on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster:

Great insight and thanks for delivering your opinion in a professional manner. I don't think you were being negative, only honest. You obviously know what your talking about and it's post like yours that give cafe pharma cred.......

Thanks

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came from pharma and am now with CCS. Believe the other posters! You basically have 6 months to "ramp up" to your outrageous and unrealistic quota. If you don't get there, you will probably be put on probabtion and gone within 90 days. Our job is to bring in referrals but the company is so unorganized what reps actually are responsible for is so much more. I am constantly fielding calls from frustrated doc offices and CDE's or the worst confused, irritated PATIENTS!! The formulary coverage is almost non-existant except for Medicare. CCS doesn't seem to care about accepting other insurance, and that REALLY limits your potential to bring in referrals. Also, most offices do not care where patients get their diabetes supplies and don't want to take the time to fill out the paperwork to refer them to mail order when they can send the patient home with a script for them to take to the pharmacy. So many reps are trying to leave I would run, not walk away from this "opportunity" if I could.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank god I didn't take the job! I realize you need to take everything on this site with a grain but holy crap I'm happy right now. I was so desperate to get outta pharma that I almost accepted a position. I held out and landed a much better one with one of the big-dogs.

-Good luck getting something better.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard ccs medical has formed a new company to sell a new CGM device and some old BD products based on what a recruiter told me last week. The base was not the best in the world but they did offer a 100k gur with a nice size car allowance. Has anyone been approached about this opportunity. I use to sell the Glucowatch with Sankyo and I have been selling dental equipment for a few years but hate the almost 100% travel and this job will be very little if not any overnights.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not CGM its selling the old BD Logic meter!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking for advice. I was approached by a recruiter about this position. I have been wanting to break into the healthcare industry and was excited about this opportunity. After reading some of these posting I am starting to second guess the opportunity. Do you think this is a good stepping stone to get my foot in the healthcare door? I am also curious about that final interview in one of the previous postings. Does anybody know how many interviews are in this process? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a step up from pharma and if you work hard and are successfull
    you can write your own ticket with most healthcare company's!
    Like any other job you must "pay your dues"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can work as hard as you want, probably won't be successful. They hire people for 6-8 months then if they aren't meeting there quota, they are gone. If you have an area that CCS has managed care contracts with then you are probably ok, but if not, your screwed. Just look at the turnover. I was just at the national meeting and we had the shortest awards ceremony I have ever seen! NO ONE is making numbers!!!

Also, we aren't selling CGM. It is the old BD meter, re-vamped a little bit. Doesn't have any insurance contracts. Any recruiter who told you 100K is a LIAR!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could use the job to break into the industry I guess. Just don't get complacent. Start looking for a better opportunity after about 3 months of experience with CCS. At 6 months it may be too late. It all depends on your manager. Where are you interviewing??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the Managers like there? How about the culture? Is there opportunity for advancement into management after a while?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Please any comments on the position would help.

Down to the final stages of the interview.

Thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted about this opportunity 2 weeks ago. Seems like a low base and a lot of BS to deal with - recruiters that say 100K probably are a little high.

Unless you are not in medical and are trying to get your foot in the door - I wouldn't do it.

Sounds a bit shady.............

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't do it! Please! You will ruin your life! What division of the company are you looking into??? Hurry and respond so I can save your career!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To anyone thinking about joining CCS :

This company is totally WACK. They are liars, and scumb bags and the management is the worst and most unprofessional that I have ever experienced.

They dont respect their sales reps and you are just a number. There is NO company culture, and most reps I work with are all looking for jobs!!!!!!

If you need a foot in the door with medical sales I wouldnt even try this comoany - it will turn you off to the point that you will want to leave healthcare all together.

They will tell you that the more you sell the more you make, but that is a complete lie. Once you reach your goal they change the commission structure!!!!! And guess what - they dont tell you - they just send you a lame pay check and its 1/4 of what you expected. Nice huh?

Good luck.