A Chicago View

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the general sessions the first day, I sat behind an attractive, 30-ish woman. She was on facebook/twitter during the sessions, took no notes that I could tell, and seemed about as engaged as Sue the T-Rex. She did, however, have about a 3-carat ring and a Louis Vuitton ipad cover. Good for her, I guess.

We then sat through centrally broadcast workshops. Most of this time was spent listening to people speaking on a big screen in some type of legal language that no one could understand, with a little time in between for real dialogue between actual people on your team that you may learn from. A highlight of this segment had to be the photos(!!!) of a fake rep and a fake manager going through a fake MCE roleplay before a fake call. This hour offered nothing of help.

We used to spend time understanding our products strengths and weaknesses, discussing study design, and our competitors. We would practice each part of the call with a teammate, and throw out actual things that our customers might say. Our company doesn't trust us to do this anymore, primarily because previous senior management lied and cheated. Today, we only have approved issues and concerns that we typically can't answer, or redirect back to more canned verbatims.

It's too bad. Anoro and Breo look like they are terrific products. Most of the logistics and housekeeping at the meeting were fine, except for the atrocious roommate idea. Big deal, we worked long hours. Even the roleplay was okay. I just wish they were more productive hours, instead of mind numbing crap that won't help me.

Maybe the woman in front of me had it right.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a small world it is after all! I think that is the check I boinked after the museum crap. Sat with her on the bus, went back had a few drinks, went up to my room which I had by myself (my room mate did not make the meeting). I screwed the hell out of her. Dude you missed an opportunity. Next time, when the woman is disengaged at a meeting. Engage her or something? LOL

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

post #3 - you went up to your room and jerked off, as usual.
    OP - you are spot on. Well described and illustrative, you accurately express the dismay which those of us who still attempt to be professional and effective all feel. Not sure how much more of this BS I can stand, might have to plan a different strategy soon. In the interim, I will do my best to promote what do indeed look like 2 decent new respiratory meds. Hopefully the never-ending conference calls and matrix meetings won't hamper things too much.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our RVP was in the back of the room texting most of the time. Very unprofessional!