Outragious Commutes!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Driving! Driving! and more Driving!
    How much can be done if we're in a car all day!
    And then there's the GAS!
    So much GA$$$!!
    Very Gassy job....

Anyone really get to live and work "in territory" anymore?
    Thought is was a requirement!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feel your pain, 3hrs to territory. I'm told, take it or leave it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop complaining and just take the train, homie!!!

I just jump on Amtrak and sleep till I get there...sometimes watch a movie and sip some tea :)

That's the way to do it in style, baby!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the ultimate in financial waste and work inefficiency!
    Wonder how many people got booted from territories that were local to their home?
    Incredible!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same situation here. Take it or leave it they have said.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6 hours roundtrip driving.... leaves 2 hours for work!

Smart, Merck!

We should be hitting big market share with our products this year!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We figure you'll find a job outside Merck before you would reach your severance payout.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be smoking dope to be so out of touch with reality. Go back to Colorado we don't want you here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

POOR BABIES - IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OUT - UNGRATEFUL SLUGS

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same here and finding many others in same situation. I have to drive through two district member geos just to get to my assignment.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To poster number 6. You are expected to be on territory for 8 hours. the commute time to territory is not included in that, so make sure you leave your home at 530 am and you should be home at 730pm. OK?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck you

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't take it personally. Don't take the job seriously. Just take it. Do whatever you must do in order to survive. Merck doesn't give a shit about you so keep that in mind when making decisions. If Merck is willing to pay you, take it. Just know it could be gone tomorrow and you best be prepared for that when working at Merck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you - can't agree more - if they would put as much effort into doing their job correctly they would not have time to continually bitch- I would gladly target these slugs for internal actions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true. The company pays you to be in front of your customers as a sales rep. The more quality calls you make the more you'll sell and the more money you'll make as your bonus. It's your choice to complain about getting up a little earlier and getting home a little later so you can spend more time in front of customers. If this doesn't work for your gym or kids schedule maybe it's time to start looking for another job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True! But for those who have commutes from hell....getting in front of doctors as needed just is not going to happen as planned or expected. It is physically impossible to do some commutes 5 days a week, year round. If you are driving near 6 hours of the day to get to and from territory it is wasteful of time -- its not practical, not sane and often not safe......a poor business decision all around. Get real, anyone can see this.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're required to commute 3 hours to get to your territory, I'd be willing to bet that company policy would allow you to overnite in a hotel. You would be allowed a daily expense to cover meals, etc. Find a hotel chain that you can accumulate points for stays. Also, not sure what the company car policy is now but previously with longer commutes in large territories there used to be the option of getting a mini-van as your company car. If not, look into getting an upgraded company car that offers lumbar support for long drives. The company may be liable for disability due to chronic back pain or a variety of other musculoskeletal issues if these aren't addressed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not helping the matter, the new company car I'm allowed to order is the Chevy Malibu 2015. No satellite radio or sunroof options. It's the bare bones model with the only "upgrade" to pay for remote start. Lame.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Normally a rep lives in his/her territory. Some take the job of a territory far away. I bet you they said it doesn't matter during the interview.

You can seek employment elsewhere. This has happened to people for years.

Unless you really think a company is obligated to re-configure everything to accommodate you. They may if you bring in a 200% increase in sales every year.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd be willing to bet that the company is prepared to replace you.