Covidien is coming out with a new trocar platform

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is going to be a challenge for Applied.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Said here: HAHAHA. Funny Covidien rep. We hired all your old management. My company is #1 trocar company in world!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you seeing some of the Surgiquest in your territory?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

trocars? Trocars? ha ha ha ha ha TROCARS! Who cares?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did hear that Covidien is coming out with a new trocar platform.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you! Nobody cares about trocars whether its Applied, Ethicon, Covidien or Teleflex. It's a miracle Applied is even still in business with reprocessing

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is that a miracle?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied will erode the market even further in the mean time; thus new platform from Covidien will not even be able to compete.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand how the market will be eroded when more and more procedures are being moved toward lap and thus using more trocars.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just said it yourself "...more producers..." means lower price. Furthermore, market price decline that is faster thank lap adoption + procedural growth rates will mean shrinking market.

Good bye to COV.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder Applied is going to be out of business or bought out in 5 years. You mgrs write at the level of a 2nd grader or Chimpanzee. The above posts are 2 of the most unintelligent sentences ive read in a long time. I'm glad I sell against you every day. Makes my job that much easier

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"....The carve-out requirement of the class action settlement agreement is believed to expire no earlier than 2014. We believe that Covidien voluntarily agreed to carve-outs in some circumstances for purchases from non-full line medical device suppliers by its customers and that Covidien no longer allows for these carve-outs. We are not aware of any contractual restriction that would prevent Covidien from instituting pricing practices targeted against non-full line medical device suppliers like Applied. If our principal competitors are able to assert their market power, then our sales of trocars and related products may be negatively impacted. " (S1/A, p. 9)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ethicon has taken over central FL. With new partnerships, the big hospitals will be saying bye bye to Applied. Can energy save you?........

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened in Central FL? Did Ethicon bundle their trocars with suture for it to make financial sense to convert away from applied?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was no bundle that included suture. After the deal was sealed, there isn't much support needed. Heck Mr. manager is so dumb he hasn't figured out I've been at bikeweek instead of in the accounts. I am always available by phone though......

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scottie , Pete good job fellas

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously guys. Can we stop talking about trocars already? It's getting kind of old and isn't funny anymore. Tell your CEO to stop putzing around and sell the company already!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does he need to sell the company? He's doing pretty damn well with it!