Welcome to Medtronic

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The consolidation continues.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DeBoda and his merry men are done.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good or bad?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to see MDT takeover Cov and then do to Cov what Cov has done to so many others-fire them and lay them off.
    Would be a beautiful thing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will we see a massive consolidation and elimination of Mansfield? Last time I saw, Mansfield had about 1,800 employees at Mansfield HQ alone

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big questions - what will Medtronic choose to keep and spin off (sell) from both MDT and of course COV. I see the injectable products (needles, syringes), disposables, and wound care from COV being sold/spun off. Also I see a Medtronic takeover being a GREAT, GREAT thing for Valleylab !! Clean house/eliminate Mansfield.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, which ones are the merry men?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hernia, suture, Med Supplies group will all be gone...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what will happen to airway and ventilation?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They've about gotten rid of themselves-should sell them to masimo.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They say "what comes around goes around." And I believe in both good and bad karma.
    I do wish this business deal causes a "few certain specific" heads roll in both Mansfield and Boulder. It couldn't be a better time to "de-tox" those sites.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What shall become of USSC ? Sliced and diced?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha. EXACTLY! You read my mind.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+2. 980 is in the shitter. My guess is RMS will be sold to GE or Resmed. Ppl that generated bad karma will get def theirs, especially if whistle is blown (if it hasn't already). Could cause a major niggle in the deal.

Only ppl that will win in this are senior Covidien execs and institutional investors. Most ppl will lose, have to deal with a shitty situation and lot of uncertainty for 12+ months, pain of the integration aside. There will be redundancies and strategic misalignments. Businesses will be sold, people pushed out voluntarily or involuntarily, and epic backstabbing (common Covidien pass time) to keep jobs.

MDT does believe and act in patients' best interests, in some cases at the expense of the business. Be nice to have someone at the helm that isn't an ops engineer that makes decisions purely on numbers and lives the platitudes preached instead of treating it as a necessary evil.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think so?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot USSC has been home for 15 years .

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WhaT does the future hold for SuperDimension (Covidien company)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Peace out to the Peripheral division

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the majors. Those with an IQ one sigma or more below the Medtronic mean will be given a set of steak knives and shown the door. Cutlery manufacturers around the country are spooling up production as I type.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're part of Medtronic