What Is You're Manager Telling You?

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2014 at 6:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question for the rank and file: What talking points are your managers using to describe the Medtronic buy out and what your future will be? It will be interesting to compare notes. Please indicate division.

2. Grammar Nazi

Grammar Nazi Guest

I'll take you seriously when you know the difference between your and you're.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pack your desk and run

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put your clothes on before my wife gets home

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Until it's final, nothing is official anyway. I would bet it's 6 months post close before anyone knows anything. This isn't one of the normal M&A that COV is used to. Perhaps better posted on the MDT board. I think the change will be good, regardless. Needed a reset.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hopefully medtronic will tell covidien what cov told all the companies cov purchased....a bunch of don't worry b.s. while they compile the lists to be axed...a dose of their own medicine for cov...there is justice in the world after all

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remind me knot to play ewe in Scrabble:)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Grammar Nazi,

"Your" is correct in the post you commented on. "You're" would not have been correct in the statement whatsoever.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The original poster made a small mistake in the title (i.e., in title of post "you're" should be your. I agree 100% as the grammar needs to settle down .

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former COV employee my guess is that the COV mgmt. is telling their masses:

1) very little in general.
    2) to refrain from speculation, gossip, and chatter about the sale, etc.
    3) that the sale will be (another) big plus as was the 2007 spin off from TYC.
    That bigger is better, and everything will be so much better for everyone.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU'RE and idiot and YOUR grammar skills are awful.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4) Focus on making the FY14 number and don't worry about not having a job in 6mos.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bayer/MEDRAD, soon to be Boston Scientific rep here. Though the situation is somewhat different, it's the same thing we were told. Only if you have a very honest manager or have a great relationship with him/her are you going to hear any differently. And then much of the time your manager may only know what you know. From a legal standpoint, there isn't much they can say as until the deal is final, everything is considered speculation.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big assumption you're all making is that the manager's know anything more than you do. They don't! They wish they did but what's there to share right now? The RM's at Covidien don't know a thing about the future. They're shitting their pants just like you are and reading these same message boards hoping to find some nugget of information. The larger Covidien has gotten, the less that's passed down to the RM's.
    But the one poster had it correct and that is the message from on high will be to make your FY14 number, don't worry about what you can't control and hope that when this all shakes out that you all have positions in the new "Medtronic".

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post on the thread. Well said. Also, it looks like you spelled all your words correctly:)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To gently, but deliberately, insert a pretzel into my anus. Is everyone else receiving the same guidance?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, my manager is telling me to expect Johnson and Johnson to respond to the Medtronic acquisition with one of their own.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J will go at BSC.

Their revenue is < $8B. At 3x earnings they pick up: CRM, GI, Pulmonary, NeuroMod, Inv Card, URO & IR. At about the same price that MDT paid for COV.

They'd have to address the overlap in EP and Neuro.

With a share price currently of ~$12 they could easily work a deal - so long as Nicholas finally swallows his pride.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JNJ doesn't need to buy BSC, it already has the broadest product portfolio in the biz.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager says that that no matter what is said on websites, the sale is made in person.He said that some of the information is good to have but if the sales rep isn't in front of the customer than no one gives a care.