Pacific Pulmonary

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have the scoop on this company? Earning potential as a sales rep?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a real joke. They pay about $30-$35 base-no car and shit for bonus. This industry is over-Go for real Medical Sales or Pharma

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Undoubtedly the most unprofessional of the O2 companies. Total used car salemen.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big joke....base salary sucks! Your follow through with Docs. depends on hourly employees..(set-ups w/in a quick time period, tank del. w/ a positive attitude, paperwork that is correct)...the bad word always gets back to the doctor!! Most of these Pacific Pulmonary centers suck...hourlys make crap money..and don't care in the longrun!!! Keep walking and don't look back!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

contacted about a sales manager position, currently in pharma sales. Thought about this company today. good move?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terrible company. Reps pull all kinds of illegal stunts violating laws without even blinking. By far the lowest of the low as far as Oxygen companies. I have not met anyone from that company that is not a total urine stain of a human being.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Pacific Pulmonary Sales Mgr/Area mgr opportunity.

Very concerning info. Hmmm... please help.. where can I research this info to help in making my decision about going from a pharma rep to a sales mgr/center director for PPS. Unfamilar with the whole O2 services selling arena. How does a dr differentiate between the companies? What benefits do the drs have in recommending one company over another? What sort of trouble is this company in? I do not want to make a bad leap into this if not wise. Please honestly advise. Thank you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont do it this company is really not a player in the O2 dme market. They ship out their cpaps and got rid of their clinical staff. Dr's hate them for being to aggressive and unprofessional.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a company I would reccomend. Been there done that. It is a true joke, especially the management.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Pacific Pulmonary Services.......Let me try to think of one nice thing about this company......Nothing comes to mind!

I was a Center Manager which is their political correct name for PIMP. I was the PIMP for the sales reps. I believe the upper management would slap a mini-skirt on their own mother's, send her into any referral source with that mini-skirt hiked up if she could pull 1 O2 setup out of that Dr.

If a sales rep had 20 setups in a month, they should have pulled out 21. Negative mofo's had nothing nice to say about anything.

Anyone even remotely considering working for this company, I suggest you load up on vaseline. You'll need it when they shove it up your ARSE!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just ran across this website..... all I can say is I work here and it's by far the best oxygen company around. Doctors love us and so do our patients. You have the freedom to create your own hours and salary.... it's all up to you.....As far as the past comments.... sounds like someone wasn't doing their job and are now angry because Abdule was doing his and let you go for not making your numbers..... all you have to do is work and it all falls into place.... feel sorry for you....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, over a 90% turnover rate and not a single one of them doing their job? That sounds like a big problem.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Count me among those that got screwed by this company.

Northern California.. called us to Novato in Fall 2007 will training/information about 3X growth.. all the good things that would be happening... a real sales job...

Then, in Jan 2008 HUGE layoffs.. huge downsizing..

and now, June 2008 I hear they've sold the business.

What a bunch of A**holes.

Among the worse employment experiences I've ever had.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm heartbroken to say that I invested 3+ years of my valuable time with this company as a sales rep. A miracle to say the least as the average turnover rate for a rep was 7 months. I believe that their business plan is patient focused on good care while maintaining financial growth, however the majority of the upper managers they have to execute these plans are a joke.
    The 'you suck- do better' method of motivation is a big factor. The person who wrote if you had 20 set ups you should have had 21 could not have been more correct. If your doing great in 4 out of 5 things they are trained to harp on the 5th thing. If this company was a romantic relationship I would have dumped this jerk in the first month. As great a learning experince as it was, and all the friends and contacts made while there... I would not put myself (nor should you) through that ever again!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started with this company within the last 3-6 months. As I can see some of the points mentioned from previous posts, I've also been offered 6 jobs since I've been their. Remember it is a sales job. It will get you in the field and from there it's up to you. I like it right now but I don't have my eyes closed. It has been a breath of fresh air from sales positions in the past. For those of you comparing them to used car dealers you are so so wrong. I've worked there for about 2 months and they are scum. The list I have of doctors are all really cool and I am doing 10 -17 set-ups a month. I have received my raise after getting 50 patients and now looking for my next raise. $43,000 base is not a bad deal plus I get allowance for treating Dr's offices $0.44 a mile and commission. Those who complain about not enough money should try some of those jobs that start their sales guys at $2000 per month. My monthly income is about $4200 and I control most of it. And I'm working to get to $100,000 by the end of the year. Some companies say you can earn that kind of money but hear it is achievable in a year and a half... if you want to really work for it. Good luck and get into the medical field you can advance quickly there.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked there for three years at the bottom rung (Oxygen Tech). I was the guy who set up patients on Oxygen. I put my soul into it and really enjoyed looking after patients and the equipment. I got lots of accolade from the managers and the president. The patients loved me. Now........fast forward 2 years. I had a minor injury that took me off the job for 3 months. Upon trying to return they fired me. The problem with this company is they eat their own. Totally does not care about its front line workers. Office staff extremely overworked,HUGE turnover on every level,sales reps tricks. I was told I had set a record for being there three years. The only reason they get so many O2 orders is their ability to do a setup very quickly and service the patient quickly. They don't offer liquid O2 only because of cost. The portable units are tank dependent, too heavy, and overly complicated for most patients. They also had quite a few oxygen fires with patients.I still have great memories of all the people (patients) I met. As for the company? You decide.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So many of the above comments are totally correct. This company cares NOTHING for its employees. It is their way or the highway... It doesn't matter how long you have worked for them or how successful you have been - if you don't do things their way, or if you speak your opinion against management, you are gone... They would rather pay to hire and train a new employee than work with a current employee to get an issue resolved. Hourly employees are abused and taken advantage of - never thanked for going out of their way to get things done. Everyone is completely under-appreciated. All management is TWO-FACED. Don't trust any of them. Megan Gallegos will smile and kiss your ass to your face, but stab you in the back in a heartbeat - and so will every other manager in the company. It is a terrible feeling to have given over a year of your life to a company, only to feel disposable. Stay away from Pacific Pulmonary - you won't regret it!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was looking into this company and consulted a couple of friends that worked there. These friends of mine are very credible, smart, hard working people. When I told them I was looking at a opportunity with PPS they strongly advised me to look else where. Being that I am optimistic, and want to see for myself, I continued to do some follow up. Wow am I glad I did not get the position. This company is canabalistic and does not give a damn about anyone! After I moved on and got a real carreer in Pharm sales, I had a couple other people I know get draged thru the mud with this company. If you are thinking about working for PPS BEWARE! If you can look elsewhere.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I was looking at possibly joing PPS, but after reading this, I have to say that I am really questioning if I want to move over. Can anyone shed some light on what it is like currently or are these problems being discussed in the past?

Thanks.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You probably want to continue looking. If you are totally desperate and it's PPS or the job down at the car wash, go ahead and take the job at PPS. I would recommend that in your spare time you keep looking for something else because these folks are notorious for just kicking people to the curb with no warning and no reason. There are still people wandering around out there, dazed and confused, and wondering what they did wrong. Eventually they will get other jobs and just look back on the whole experience like it was a bad dream or something.