Does anyone have a location that runs smoothly?

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have a location that runs smoothly? We can't seem to get it together, but talking to other locations it seems they have similar problems.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on how good your lcm is. Our location here in the n.e. runs as smooth as water off a duck's back thanks to ours.
    Ya gotta have balls, notwithstanding your gender.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave it to management to have only the most successful candidates out there to train and run herd on the locations.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I am in the SE Region and my location is a model to be followed. Organization is superb and from morning meeting to going home, it is like an assembly line. Everyone knows their jobs, does their jobs, and gets along with other employees. Life is great at my store.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I bet. Haha. NOWAY.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you know of any lcm openings within your region? I've had it up to here with my treatment here in the NE, and am ready to roll the dice for some of that southern hospitality, which I can in turn reciprocate.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not going to want you in the South, you don't even know enough as an LCM where to look up Rotech openings.

Bet Lincare or Apria would like you though

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just had an LCM hired in our Area. All other locations in my area are filled.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, come on down!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear the NE is shutting down another location....anyone have the scoop?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm gonna need to request a car rental up front to get down there. It will be well worth it to Rotech when I get down there to straighten shit out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your question is very good. Before you rent a car you need to do a lot of research. Look at post re salary. Then qualify the potential new employer on the phone. You need to ask enough questions to be 100% sure it is the right fit for you. You will have to really probe to find out the information that useually don't give unless asked. What Is the lcm management style, value of morning meeting, do they always deliver what they promise to the customer,. What is the turnover of personnel, do they have a respiratory therapist. What are the personality types of RM ,AM. What percentage of your time is for ONO vs selling vs delivery of walkers, how many accounts do they already have,what is their market share vs lincare and other competitors. Does there SR turnover meet the nation of40% in the first year?
    Good luck. Let us know the outcome after you go thru process.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sounds very complicated. I simply want an lcm position somewhere other than here.

My several years of lcm experience is enough qualification to be a shoe-in. What makes me especially valuable is the number of employees I have been able to manage during my tenure. For a small town location, I'd bet that 1/4 of the people living around here have at one time or another had the pleasure of working under/with me. It's one of the reasons I want to relocate, but I don't want to talk about that right now.

One thing is not negotiable. I will NEVER use or soil my own vehicle for company matters. One has to draw the line somewhere. Start putting together a salary package that I will consider worthy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Butch! Seems as if your proposed move from W-PA......taking Denise your CSR with you didn't quite work out. So you are looking S now are you...good for you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These locations are set up to fail. Understaffed, par level issues, credit hold on your orders. You can't win.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

“Where The Rubber Meets The Road ”

We're almost always understaffed because the compensation plan sucks and it is ultimately a dead end job unless you are willing to relocate and promote to manager (which, from what I've seen, isn't really worth it). I'm always working forced overtime just to manage the daily work load, much less anything extra that comes in during the day. Employees in my position do all of the leg work, we are the face of the company because we are the ones who see the patients and attend to their needs, yet corporate views us as expendable and easily replaceable and does not listen to our feedback at all. Because of this, our position is a revolving door and our patients never get consistent care and much of the time they don't get reliable care because you get people who are just there to collect the measly paycheck every two weeks and don't really care about the paitents at all. In short, I feel if we were treated a little better as employees, that would translate to better care for the patients and isn't that really the bottom line? Or is it? Do they really "care about patient care" or is that just another gimmik catch phrase?
    Advice to Management
    Stop treating your service techs like dirt and I predict you'll see a much higher patient retention rate because your patients will have longer term drivers they know they can trust to attend to their needs. Constantly training new people costs you a butt load of money you could be using to give raises to the ones you're interested in keeping around a while. I've been here almost 2 years and watched seven drivers come and go. We've had patients go elsewhere because of this. When you have good people who are doing there jobs well, make it worth their while not to look elsewhere for work. I can't continue to support my family on my wages and I'm constantly working overtime which takes me away from my family. Even with the overtime my check is a joke. I've been told I'm doing good work for you, yet there's no motivation for me to stay if I find something better. I'm betting this won't be read or it will be read and disregarded because I'm just a lowly peon who doesn't know jack from squat, but if you really do "care about patient care" you might want to start putting some stock into what the people who visit your patients every day are telling you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the Rotech way.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should change the name of this board to "disgruntled rotech pst's".

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So your take on all this is that they shouldnt be disgruntled ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word has it that the PSTs are planning a strike.Not sure of the date.