FACTS (if any) about layoffs- post here

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Home office hit in May. Probly the division down 40 mil next. That leaves 2 other divisions. Or another HO hit?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly what you said about the May layoffs and look what happened. Denial won't make this go away.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! So Matt vW still keeps getting paid big bucks with no authority or responsibility, while Krause runs Alcon IT from Basel ... while Gentry continues to be an a-hole until his last day (coming very soon) ... what a circus act!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please if anyone have information about Canada, please share. I am getting nervous. My wife and me both work in the same office. This layoff business will hit us hard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be US based field sales

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just reps?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it is reps, logically, some managers will have to go too. Think about it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't sweat it Canada. I think shutting down Mississauga was all that's happening there.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

folks first we are down way more than 40 mil....way more....

second from the beginning this was a 3 phase process....June/Oct/January
    the only thing that would have changed that was performance this year.....performance this year has been absymal in the US and Europe.....LACAR is only region performing and growing
    one could say forecasting has been the issue yet then the asswipes at NVS would have to look in the mirror so it is sales fault

third field sales yes brace yourself...going to be ugly....home office will get hit again yet not to the level as before....europe about to get hammered worse than the states...dont know about canada sorry

yes supply chain was walked out last week....not sure why...

these things are happening so for those who think this is trolling or scare tactics sorry that you cant face the reality of the situation our once great company is in....our new reality is this....continuous phases of realignment/change and layoffs...it is the NVS way

check their boards or ask around...they just canned some folks and are changing up their pharma again....or at least they will be

.....this place is beyond redemption.....you should see the incompetence in this building and in these meetings....stunning

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really do appreciate the insights. Just to clarify, the October cuts are these for sales and will January also be cuts for the sales team?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Different divisions will be the focus on differing months.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read through the accuracy of this mess. My abfavs are the "I know for a fact". Well, here we are and unless I messed my severance package in the mail I still have a job. What's even better is once the dates past of "guaranteed" layoffs a new chain was started to keep the rumors going. My guess is it's a couple of people making shit up over and over again. It's becoming very predictable now. Have fun peeps, I'm out for good.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good job going to every single thread and posting an "I Told you do so" message.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only b/c you read them all buddy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always call out the bullshit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs today in Aliso Viejo, at least 8 so far

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Type of positions?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, no different than the same people posting incorrect info on every single thread.