Do I want to go to Alcon?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the most accurate post I have read on here in a long long time. Perfect place for someone with very little ability who loves to look busy while actually accomplishing nothing. Mediocre will get you to the top in this building! Yes please more meetings about the same shit we have been discussing for years just throw a new name on it.

Stability and job security! If you never actually finish a project you will always have a job

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is so true about these meetings. Why do we have so many? Nothing is ever new. Fast start meeting could not have been a bigger joke.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy the that writes all the Dilbert cartoons secretly watches Alcon for all his material. Who is the pointy haired boss at Alcon? This one should be easy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy one Sabrina

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We party all day. Come join the fun!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is awesome. I am going to apply after the new year. I am tired of busting my butt at my current job and getting passed over. I need to find a place where I can coast and blend into the background.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is the Greensboro, NC position open again? How is the DM? How big is the territory?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is good and bad but the good outweighs the bad.

My territory was recently realigned forcing me to either have a 4 hour commute every day or find a new job. That is obviously a bad part, but also part of the industry which I understand.

Arguably the best part of the pharma industry is the high pay. Unfortunately Alcon doesn't keep up here. My salary is low (65k) and my bonuses are worse. I made right around $20k in bonus for the whole YEAR. That's 5k a quarter when they promise $40k a year at plan up to $90k (a truly impossible figure.) I made more than Most on my team which amazes me because I was frustrated. They need to figure this out, badly, but the VP, Kate Benedict is working on this and I believe she is genuine.

With that said, the Alcon culture is phenomenal. You have a sense of community here which is non-existent at other pharma companies. Many team and regional meetings which are not only motivating but cultivate teamwork. Alcon also does a great job as building your skills as a rep. My manager drives me nuts (she's a micromanager) but she has undoubtedly made me a better rep with the many tools available at alcon. They recently changed the v&b's to make them more accessible.

If confronted with more $$$ from a faceless pharma company or less from Alcon, I would pick Alcon. I am disappointed to leave here and I think you should take the job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long have you been at Alcon if I may ask?