VC is losing incredible talent

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More President's Club winners have recently left the company... 2 in St. Louis and 1 in Memphis. My guess is that others will leave as well once ARB payout hits their bank accounts. Does anyone in Fort Worth understand what is going on here? We completed a survey regarding work/life balance and job satisfaction but we've gotten zero feedback. It ended up being more admin work which actually = a waste of our time. Hoping someone in Texas gets a clue and SOON! Everyone here is miserable. MISERABLE!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen! Many more reps, senior and otherwise, are about leave before the end of the year. Rumors are there will be 30% new sales force by the NSM. It's sad to see how Vision Care has fallen so far.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not just Vision care...pharma has been decimated by turnover...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VC team need a major revamp!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know 6 VC reps that are interviewing at B&L right now. Unbelievable!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pay is insanely more!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same thing. We are paid well for performance but our base salaries are a joke. And merit increases are insults, at best.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no incentive to stay here anymore. And SDA requirements are also pushing people out. We are not respected as reps. It's very discouraging and demotivating.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is nothing new. Talent has been leaving for bigger and better for quite some time now. Most people buy into the Kool aid. Once you realize thT Kool aid is nothing more than flavored piss, you will see there is so much bigger and so much better out there.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our NSM will be interesting. I wonder if upper management will speak to the low morale that exists. I know they are aware of it. They just don't seem to care.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you work?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sad to see so many people with so many years of experience go elsewhere. Why doesn't Alcon take the money they would spend on recruiting and training new employees and use it to compensate the ones they have instead. A good rep here makes $100k, elsewhere that would be your base, not much of a gamble to leave.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You won't get $100k base in device... Unless you go to B&L, of course.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon could pay reps a lot more $$$ if they didn't have 2 reps in each territory. It's total overkill and the doctors have been saying they don't like it for 3+ years. But who listens to what the doctors say anyway? No other company has a split sales force and that's why they are able t get much higher salary and bonus $$$

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what you're suggesting then is less reps, cut the sales force in half?

Or do you think it should to be smaller geographies with less overall responsibility?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All divisions top talent leaving

I heard we have had a few solid surgical reps leave too. More to come. One
    Was a total shock as he always did well. I think he was in or close to presidents club last year. So from top to bottom this place sucks!
    I could mk this money in any sales job and I would be much happier.
    Time to move on. FU Novartis!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job market is getting better everyday....VC will lose more reps in 2015 as new opportunities present themselves. Wait and see.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: All divisions top talent leaving

I have heard rumbles of surgical AMs unhappy and interviewing. Any many idea who left? We're they solid? Once the 401 match gets downsized everyone is jumping. That is the only thing keeping them here. They could make 75 percent more in other great device companies. Time will tell but hopefully management will start listening since device seems to get their attention.. DMs are a waste of time. They do not do anything. Dumb asses!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: All divisions top talent leaving

People who use the 401K as a reason to stay need to do some basic math. Other companies have 401K match, as well. While the rate may not be as high (I've seen common matches around 7-8%), if you can really make 75% more in salary/commissions then you can make up for the match disparity by contributing more AND still bring home more cash on a monthly basis.

I'm just saying... If that's the bottom line it's a stupid reason to stay.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that when the VC reps give their notice the RDs do contact them, but so far I haven't heard of anyone changing their mind and staying as a direct result. Can anyone dispute that? Would be nice to hear otherwise.