Cannot use sick days for chronic condition

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2015 at 4:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck " Be well" and "putting patiients first" is the biggest BS I ever heard!
    This company does not care about its internal patient first before even caring for its external customer the patient.
    You have heard the saying, " charity begins at home". Merck has continously violates
    Federal and state laws against discrimination of people with medical disabilities per the ADA and also has no regard for Short Term Disability/FMLA laws. CTLs force field employees in sales to work while on STD/ FMLA by demanding sample transfers, expenses reporting immediately following unplanned STD.
    Going to bed with Cigna means that Merck has gone off the deep end of the dirty pool. They cut consecutive sick days from 7 to 3 that you can be off consecutively. After 3 days You go into STD and if you do not CTLs force STD on you by telling you that you cannot use sick days for ongoing chronic medical condition eg migraines, diabetes etc. Merck/Cigna also now drives its employees and doctors crazy before they can approve STD asking for more information than is needed, and refusing to honor doctor's orders and or restrictions for the employee resuming work from STD.If they determine you have serious disability eg tumors, Cancer or life long chronic conditions that are not 100% healable. The sales CTLS now try force you out the door despite being a productive award winning employee. They demand that you must heal at 100% before resuming work. Duh !!! A blind man cannot be 100% cured from his lack of sight. It does not mean that they cannot be effective employees!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, you are not a patient of the company. Second, you work at our discretion not yours. If you don't like the rules, open the door and walk to greener pastures. You will not be missed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Poster is just a loser who should get a life.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say the posters who have never been affected by a health scare. I had an eye condition that required surgery. Merck's STD thugs made my surgeon's life miserable. He finally played his top tier in the field card and basically told them to shove all of the extraneous paperwork to validate my claim to benefits for which I paid a premium. After that experience I'd be amazed if he ever allowed a Merck rep through his door again.

Other coworkers had similar experiences with breast cancer, skin cancer and other, in the scheme of things, minor, recoverable health issues. We all went back to work within 8-12 weeks fully recovered and productive as before we took leave. Meanwhile, there's a whole cadre of coworkers who slug through the day in Abilify, Zoloft and other anti-depressant hazes thanks to the oppressive and psychotic managers desperate to keep their seats on the corporate gravy train.

Be well indeed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all you inhumane tyrants who think that the poster is a loser and should get a life
    Or be fired? Woe unto you. Your day is coming you SOB a no one is healthy forever.
    To the guy who had eye surgery and his surgeon was drove nuts by Cigna.....ditto I hear and feel your pain. Thanks for sharing.
    Workplace discrimination rules were formed because of overzealous exploitative workplaces like Merck. Hope the two posters can review what the constitution has to say on American with Disability Act, EEOC and JAN workplace accomodation. You are probably CTLs so eager to suck up to your DCO to get ahead on the plight of others.
    Screw you losers! Indeed Be wel!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pure lies.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the fact that this company makes me want to vomit every minute of every day qualify me for LTD?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not only Merck. I know someone who worked for another top pharmaceutical company and the guy was in his early 50's out on LTD with a lung problem. The district manager was on his back and the guy (long term employee) did go back the first day possible due to the pressure and dropped dead. All I am going to say is everything comes around that goes around...........the manager was killed in a car accident less than two years later.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Karma does find a way, doesn't it? Merck is getting a big dose of karma these days. I only know of a couple of dimwits who actually care about this company. The rest of us are giving Merck as little effort as possible. On paper, I look great. In reality, I'm giving them next to nothing and wish it could be less.

FU Merck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are very fortunate in our area. CTLs are very flexible regarding work/life balance. Sort of a mutual thing I guess. No one seems to obsess over 8-5 workdays and we remain a top performing team. All about trust and knowing that we will get the job done. If someone occasionally needs a little extra time off or an accommodation then it is managed at the local level. When you have good CTLs that demonstrate trust and flexibility it can make all the difference.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice. The way it should be.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad for employee ...awesome for CTLS. Payback is a bitch

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know for how long you will be able to get away with it.
    What? With all the hyper targeting and lists and comittments the field reps must
    Put up with and CTLs looking to see when your first signature was?
    Good luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahaha. You are either a moron or you are delusional!
    " You work at our discretion?" Dude, "our" ? Grow up
    Merck is a publicly traded company.
    Dim wits like you being in any leadership position with the company
    Along with other losers is the reason the company has declined in all facets!

Your day with Cancer, broken limb, or something worse that makes you need STD is coming...
    Hope when Karma shows up you will fire yourself and go get get these greener pastures
    Versus fighting Cigna/Merck
    You make me sick!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the loser? The guy that agrees with the moron that posted before him.
    Or someone who had the courage to bring a subject to Cafe Pharma about
    A discusion topic on STD nightmares at Merck via Cigna.

The issue is obviously legit, you do not have to agree with it.
    It's a free country. Freedom of speech! Ever had of it?

Don't like the subject? Don't post a loser message or others will come to learn
    Just how dumb and moronic you are loser!
    You make me sick!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is pure lies?
    The subject line? Because yes this is not a Merck policy on sick days
    But it is the line CTLs use to harass people with disabilities
    And chronic conditions forcing them to use intermittent FMLA which does not
    Even exist.

My posting ? It's not a lie. If you do not like it idiot. Chose from a thousand other threads or even better just let it go. You do not have to be heard if you have nothing that you came to say.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares about your fake disability. If you can't do your job because of your weak body, quit.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey hater. I hope you are one of those being laid off.
    Don't worry your day is too coming either where they show you the door
    Or your body fails you.

Sooner or later LOL gravity or Merck will weigh down on you and suck you for all you got.
    Till then keep referring to yourself and Merck as " we" loser.

You make me sick. Be well!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nausea you provoke is astronomical.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry bro! Chronic mast-er-bation doesn't count as an illness!