Merck seeks to reinvent R&D unit: WSJ

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to Rupert ?

2. Amen! When is rubbish day? If pattern keeps looks Tuesday. Maybe Fat Tuesday will be the bigggest rollout!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huuuummm

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He went to ruin Celgene.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We did reinvent R&D. We stopped throwing out billions of dollars at those r*****s and bought other companies. The real cuts will happen in R&D this year. Do you think we needed those companies for any other reasons? It was a straight up intellectual property grab. We needed better scientists. They would never come here. The best thing was to buy them. Perlmutter saw shocked at how poorly the scientists executed. The lack brain power. How they just complained without reason. Soon we will have better qualified scientist with real world experience. Not the "I have a masters degree in chemical engineering" therefor I can be lazy and worthless. The main reason why we are in this position is because R&D could not find a new drug if they tripped on it. Now they will trip out of here and onto the unemployment line. Walmart will be the perfect landing spot. Plenty of r*****s. You will blend in perfectly.

WELCOME TO WALMART

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did he take his apple pie ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not all are organon or KW. How? Great drive behind cleaning out labs and labeling, knows how to run a focused project ( focused = team in agreement), spends resources uncontrollably and targets scientists who have courage and candor to speak up. An Organization I want to transfer into. Sounds too bad to be true

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, all of the scientist from Cubist and Idenex were laid off. Mother Merck knows best.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the change Joe. Too many terrible leaders terrorizing basic. The people who made approved drugs should be in charge

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We hire department heads who are robots, don't allow people to speak up and target good scientists.

Put the Belsomra team in charge. This team actually made something that is for sale and works.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away, very far away! But what would our water cooler conversations be like without? Pure entertainment!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You poor, poor, sick, demented, Ball less, troll, coward, retarded, bastard, Lump of Shit Bum!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot bitchy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll help. Better, most the site will stop over to help

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as if a team that gets a drug to market is it then inherently better than the next one given a dud? in this micromanagement culture it's senior management who is calling the shots, so pls give them credit for the one success amongst many many failures....fire them pls

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never going to happen. No true clean out. So let's celebrate, tea anyone?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And outsourcing was always claimed to be as quick as internal efforts from the leadership. Recently had someone in public meeting admit outside work takes longer and they are trying improve. Took 2 years to say this. My department is changing view on something we already were aware. admission the first step in therapy.

What is next?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't ever challenge the party line or you will be targeted. Many squeezed out of pharmacology. Hunter protects from his little untouchable queen who is the only leader not relocated with department to her band of crooks. The crooks are some of the worst offenders spying and supporting every want from queen and ignoring all science. Destroyed my department and reason I am looking. Check!

Let them eat cake!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The queen of incompetence sits in her crumbling castle. She squeezed out too many good scientists because she couldn't understand good science and feared they would uncover her ignorance. The good associates are jumping ship as fast as they can. Watching her desperatly try to hire people is just entertaining. The word is out that only a fool would want to work in that department. Tick tock tick tock, it will all end soon enough. At least there is natural light.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all know the ignorance. hiring is hard to watch. we have the talent at Merck for some jobs and don't understand why we can't fill within. guess they are not fools

Explain natural light.....