Shire Layoffs

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many layoffs have you had at Shire in the last several years?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only one has ever taken place.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because they are done a couple or few employees at a time over time so it's less noticeable and can't really be called a "layoff". Wery wascally wabbitish of them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. There has been one round of layoffs in ADHD (more to come). One round of layoffs in GI (more to come). And 3 rounds of layoffs in Renal (until they did away with BU altogether).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They could be many more layoffs with the BMS acquisition - why do you think Flemming has made as many changes as he has??? Makes us more streamlined and easier to shut down Chesterbrook.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure that the field sales force would be affected by BMS acquisition. They need to support the product and you can't do that without a sales force.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when did ADHD have layoffs? How many? Doesn't Vyvanse have patent for years?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back in November laid off about 50 reps and cut dead weight. We are lean and mean right now and ready for the acquisition.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw that! Great reps got let go for no reason other than to fatten the wallets of corporate.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good pharma reps?? what the hell does that mean? You can deliver food with the best of them? Well done.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30k severance and got a real job in device.
    Regards,
    Dead Weight

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my three years at Chesterbrook, people mysteriously disappeared every week. All you needed to do is get on the wrong side of one of their inexperienced managers and you are toast. HR doesn't have any power, nor represents the company like at the major pharma companies. If some half rate manager wants you gone, they just do it. I've been asked by three industry recruiters so far what's wrong with Shire since they seem to spit out so many good people. The crying shame is that the know nothing people they've allowed to be in charge blow out anyone better than themselves. So you know where that will go...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beautiful reply. All I can say is - ditto.

Regards,
    Dead Weight #2

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so thankful Shire forced me out and made me get a real job. You dont see losers with glow sticks and noise makers at our national sales meetings. Device is another world. A much better world.

Time for an ice cream social. Back to school is right around the corner!

More dead weight

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi there.... with the last round of layoffs...
    was the severence mostly 24 weeks (obviously based on title and tenure)
    or were some reps given 36 weeks?
    An honest response would be much appreciated!
    thanks

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I remember correctly it was 2 weeks pay for every year you were with the company.