Current Merck Retirees

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just reviewing the 2015 Part D info that came in the mail - am I not reading this correctly? Please tell me I am interpreting this wrong - only 2 Tiers - and some generics are in Tier 2? I was hard pressed to find ANY coverage for ANY Brand name - even at an exorbitant price...

So anyone - have I missed something? Granted I am getting a little older, and this stuff does get a little more confusing every year.

Example - simva: Tier 1 Mail Order (only?) QL - quantity Limited to 30 for 30 days.

I thought the benefit of mail order was the 90 day amount.

Explanation anyone?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For assistance please call the Merck Benefits Help Line. Thank you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're not reading anything wrong. Retiree benefits are cut every year. This is why folks now need their retiree benefits, Medicare benefits AND a private Part D benefit.

I work for one of the BCBS companies now. Check their Part D supplemental coverage plans in your state. You have to look at the formulary to see if the plan is worth it for you. If not, your state likely has other private options - check their formulations if the BCBS plan isn't competitive.

Good luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My adult diapers are not being reimbursed! What shall I do? Wet in Seattle

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much for your answer..I will look into this further. The Part D plan I was referring to above is the Express Scripts Medicare 2015 Formulary.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Express Rx no longer handles our Rxs. You need to go to Walgreens. Hope this helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not received my packet yet.

If we are going to use Walgreens...well, heir mail order service has free shipping too. 30-90 days each time, depending on the plan.

Why use simvastatin unless the new plan no longer covers Merck branded products free. I have been taking Zocor for years. All I have to do is ask my doctor to put in DAW. Or include a note to remind them the Merck plan will cover Zocor free when mailing the DAW Rx in.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incorrect, I just received the 2015 package from Express Scripts and we have used their service since retiring in 09. We get 90 day tablet counts and 20$ copays

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

new to this RX game in retirement - can docs use Electronic Rx for mail order or do we have to get a paper RX and send it in ourselves?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything in the system must be electronic. When I get my ED meds the doc has to post the Rx straight up to the PBM.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine send all the Rx's in electronically. Be sure they add DAW in for your fully covered Merck branded products. Last time his nurse had to manually add that info.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best deals can be found at Costco. They have supersize diapers!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just read through it quickly. Premium is up. No other major changes. Mail order is still Express Scripts. Merck branded products are still free. As for generics...you should check the prices at Walmart, Kroger, and other places. Sometimes their $3 or $4 a month generic program is cheaper.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many of you were around during the expansions in Ft Lauderdale and the associated meat markets at the pool?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was. You meant the one when Miek Koerth told us to go screw ourselves? No, that was Orlando.

I remember Ft. Lauderdale where a lot of the new Merck reps in heat acted like they were still at a college bar around the pool.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you at that bar the Friday afternoon when the DEA raided the ship docked next to the bar? A great many early promotions were also secured at that bar / what a merry time!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't remember the raid. But I remember a product manager named Lokay whose mission at each meeting is to personally identify as many "early promotion" female candidates as possible.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Knew Kevin very well a very good scorer but he couldn't hold a candle to Costner, Maupey and Neil

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy is that correct!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and I thought Costner was such a "stiff-looking" East Coast guy. No idea about Maupey. Neil? Was he my RD for a few years. He looked like he partied too much the night before when on stage.