Merck Healthcare benefits -

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 4:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cubie here. Just had the teleconference on Merck Health Benefits. What a bunch of bunk. How do you guys survive out there? Half your paycheck will got to healthcare and the horrible deductibles. WTF? We had a $25 co-pay for doctor's visit and that was it and now I gotta pay a $500 deductible before they even start paying at 80%? And then I STILL responsible for 20%? I thought big pharma shitbag companies like MERCK had more leverage with insurance companies being that they have a shitload of employees. This is by far the worst healthcare plan I have ever seen.

Half my bonus is going to be covering stupid healthcare. Awful. Bring back small biotech anyday over this shit.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen you little prick, if you don't like it get the f out. You are lickly you are still here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont complain!!

Try Obamacare, its 500 a month premium for one...and 6600 deductible a year!!! That the mid range plan!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, Captain Douchebag...yea you. Don't worry I AM trying to get the hell out of dodge. Not staying here with your "yahoo's" making your squat salaries. Eff that. You can have the micromanaged horseshit and I pray that you guys don't end up waiting next to a phone waiting to be cut. Good luck with that. It's inevitable with this shitbag company. how do I know? Take a look at its history. I was just pointing out to add insult to injury, your Healthcare benefits blow. Big time. I don't even feel I'm with a better company. Went from great to worse. So fuck you and your measly 80k a year with 10k bonus. With these healthcare benefits they offer you should be in the poorhouse before to long. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go on Obamafraud prick you probably voted for the ass?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. Wrong again. Registered Conservative...And what does that have ANYTHING to do with your miserable cheap-ass Healthcare plan? It's the fucking worse in the industry. Merck should be WAY better.

7. Anonymoustre

Anonymoustre Guest

Again leave Dickwad, we aren't here to please you. Get the f lost.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is a self-insured company, meaning they do not buy policies from insurance companies. Rather, they set aside a large pool of money and pick an insurance company to manage their claims.

Personally, I think anybody who makes a living wage and has health insurance should thank his/her lucky star. I know several people who would love to trade places with you, Mr. Cubehead. Your greediness speaks volumes as to the person you are...certainly someone I would not want to hire or otherwise befriend.

Be gone.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The Merck medical is great. ....you can go broke on most policies, especially when you see how bad the deal is with Obamacare.

They pulled the benefit deal for a people who did not get a bridge.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who said I wasn't thankful, Merckie? I simply made a statement that it sucks compared to what I had....if you were driving a Mercedes to a Malibu, sure you would be greatful, but I'm sure you would agree your preference would lean toward the Mercedes...if you say "no, that's not true" then you're full of shit. You're company already pays terrible bonuses and when it cuts into my takehome pay, how is that helpful? Maybe Merck could pay us an extra 5k a year to cover the out of pocket expenses? Doubtful...you guys are too fucking cheap. Our Company had 200 sales people and probably over 2k employees overall and our healthcare plan was twenty times better. My point is where does all of those Billions that Merck make? Perhaps paying your fat CEO an extra million in bonus? Just think it's sad that you guys have been brainwashed that the company you work for is somehow fair....got news for you, it's not.

This thread clearly shows what A-holes you guys truly are attacking someone you don't even know for speaking the truth. Keep drinking the Kook-Aid, I guess...but to say I'm not thankful is not only ignorant but clearly shows your character. I'm simply pointing out that your healthcare plan sucks. Look around at other companies and see what they offer. Mercks is the worst in the industry.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left Merck a year ago and found a very good health plan that costs less than I was paying for Merck's shit plan. Don't kid yourself; this "benefit" isn't worth much.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These were the same benefits at Merck pre-2014. Everything w/ benefits went to cap last year.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These were the same benefits at Merck pre-2014. Everything w/ benefits went to crap last year.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true....I worked for Merck in the late nineties and they had a co-pay system. Back then it was a $10 co-pay and Merck covered the rest. This cuts into my disposable income tremendously. I can't believe nobody sees that or gives a shit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. And Merck pretends their doing us a service by throwing a shit healthcare plan in our direction. Pathetic

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, I am a former Merkie who still has many friends in WP/RY. And no, I do not like the toxic dog-eat-dog culture either. About the only thing I like about Merck is their credit union. However, you are the one who brought sour grapes to the table. Perhaps you should place your anger on your BOD for selling you down-river to Merck. At least, that what it appears to me.

As for me, I am not a materialist. I am just damn thankful I have a roof over my head and money to heat my house because it would suck to be homeless with the cold weather predicted. Maybe, just maybe, your heart will soften. I am not optimistic.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People do see this but know that every company is pretty much following suit. Benefits are considered part of your total compensation, like it or not. How about the hoards of employers who are cutting their workers to part-time so as to deny them benefits completely.

ObamaCare created the law of unintended consequences. Companies don't feel guilty offering watered down health plans because they are still technically better than ObamaCare.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're correct. I am upset Cubist sold us to the highest bidder...well really the ONLY bidder and it happened to be a big pharma bloated "I don't give a shit about the field sales force" company. I was praying it was anybody but Merck but no. It had to be Merck. You see the problem is the attackers here on this thread have probably never tasted the flavor of small biotech and understand why it's preferable. They're in la-la-land living in bubble thinking the Merck way is the best way...All they know is stupid Merck so they're opinions are biased. Once you've sampled what true heaven is like with an actual GOOD company then you won't want to go to anyone else. That is my point. We didn't have a choice to come to this shit company that doesn't pay anything or care about their employees. I'm out of here as soon as I can find a better opportunity with more autonomy and less management riding you all the time. And oh yes, one that offers better healthcare because they care about their employees

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get it but again it's simply not true. If our small little shit company can offer a better healthcare plan, theres a problem here. Merck has way more leverage and makes tons more money to take care of their very important revenue generators. This is why I cannot stand Merck. They have the money and resources to offer better benefits but they choose to not do it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I truly feel for you. I felt bad the moment I read the announcement. And guess what, we moved from Pharma to biotech with, yes, a wonderful pay increase/bonus/benefits. But we also started when Merck was "America's Most Admired Company." Once the Wall Street suits moved in, Merck was a goner. We saw the handwriting on the wall. It was terrible. However, Merck is treading water trying to stay afloat.

I seriously hope you are able to find a better place to work. Half my friends still at Merck take Xanax...and I do NOT exaggerate. Pitiful, huh?