Today's "layoffs"

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder how many asymmetrical alignments AHEM..."layoffs" are happening today.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Numerous selected districts have conf calls at end of day stay tuned.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just the prelude to July.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, is this true? If so, must be how they can avoid the 60 day WARN period. Good luck to all!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Four within two of my districts that I know of. Doesn't a WARN have to go out if there are a certain number of people getting cut? Probably gonna come in right under it every other quarter. All sounds pretty shady.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is Kenny's business model. Prune, prune, prune. One branch at a time. It gives him something to talk about at the quarterly earnings reports. This will continue until no one is left and/or the few, the happy few, will be transitioned into a contract force. Not a matter of if, just when. This is not a growth model, it is a consolidation model. Be well.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW--Did this come without any warning, or did reps know? How many affected? Only PC or other divisions too?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you still plan to keep the lunches that these laid off reps set with us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time to get a new CEO........its way overdue!

Its the only way to right this ravaged ship.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New business model, keep layoffs under WARN total so 60 day notice will not have to be given. No CTLs will be effected. Some CTLs will have only 7 reps, isn't this a great ROI.
    This has been planned since December. What a great waste of money to train all these reps and send them to two different meetings (Belsomra and Awards Meetings) and tell them how GREAT things are at Merck and then fire them today. How can you trust anyone at Merck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the total was close to 100 and all on the diabetes side. Be well.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, it really is interesting how upper management continues to preach how each time this happens the field force is optimized. Evidently not or they would not continue to do it. They just want us to keep our foot on the pedal until it is our turn. Trust and value? There is no trust and now I am seeing very little value. Be well my friends.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they keeping the contract sales or letting them go earlier than planned?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not seeing anything happening... More rumors.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing on West Coast..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where? National or pockets?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eliminate team one and then have a Zetia Bel team and a Januvia Bel team. It's a good start to a rapidly idiotic alignment and excess sales force. Then you have the gall to throw metrics on the sales team who can't see 50% of the targets which the company deems as important customers.. What gives?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So where and what exactly happened? Or is it just stirring the pot?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It happened. Ask any pc rep that sells Januvia.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Texas