Today's Devastating Conference Call

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke! "I am excited to make this announcement today!". How callus, Chris!

We new this was coming when Hansen, Berry and Howell came over! All are hatchet men with 1 agenda. Get rid of the old EMID people and replace with Ebd people. Hybrid has been a disaster. Look at the rankings. This was planned before the Hercules project was announced. "A few people have been eliminated?" "Significant level of excitement from management". What crack pipe are you hitting? How many of the EMID managers are excited when most will be jobless come Oct?

Interviewing for your positions? Another year of bs changes by placing many people from EMID on plans for no reason other than to move them out so that Covidien will not have to pay a severance or allow them to move divisions and stay on with the company. Shame. Shame, Covidien!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unbelievable. Tear down 60 years of a core business in 2 years of poor leadership. All the prior crappy leaders combined don't hold a candle to this bunch. 50% of the EMID and Ebd sales force will be affected? Glad I could smell a rat awhile back and already have the resume polished and out. Sad day for all the good that was done by those that were here for the good old days!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that 35 people were let go today? Did one area get hit harder than another?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Devastating? Really? Grow some balls.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good bye surgical. They did it they destroyed 50 years of work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What exact division is this that people got cut from?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endo mechanical mainly. It has not all gone down yet. All the people to be cut have been identified but not notified yet. Brian Deboda indicated on the conference call that approximately 1/2 of the sales force will be impacted but 100% will be affected. Take that for what you want but reading the tea leaves and all the dancing that was done on the call indicate that a large portion of EMID reps and managers will be terminated. Management will likely be hit hard this time and those that want to go back to the field will bump a rep out of the way. What a blood bath the next 3-5 months will be.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It must kill the "C" suite to know, if they could fire everyone except themselves-how high the profits would be for at least a quarter or two. They could parachute to Bali and live out their storybook lives in peace without the little people nagging them about their stupid careers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just hope Blaze is safe

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Blaze has taken over what has changed? Is Surgical using the Supplies take on sales? Turn products into commodities?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You better hope Blaze stays....he's the only competent one who truly understands supplies!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah yeah yeah....nothing changed in Supplies when Blaze took over.

Oh wait. Something did change. We got polo shirts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have been playing golf instead of attending yesterday's call that reset our quotas.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Hi, my name is Steve, but you can call me Blaze."

"Do I have to?"

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sorry to hear about folks losing their jobs. Never a good situation. The immediate uncertainty of the future probably seems a bit overwhelming, but you will get through it and you will prosper. I do not work for Covidien but I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you folks. Very good people, very impressed with every Covidien employee I have met. Good luck to all of you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you that out of 8 EMID reps in Pittsburgh only 2 are safe. Positions "were eliminated" The rest were told that they need to interview against either each other or one of the 4 EBD reps for an open position. There is also a Surgical Supplies position open there which all are welcome to fight for. Just what I would want- to fight for a job selling commodity products that are over-priced.....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to inform you but just about everything, outside of the Davinci robot, is a commodity! People make fortunes every day selling commodities. Ever heard of oil and gas?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No matter, it still is a very sad and I am sure scary situation. Doesn't matter if its Covidien, Ethicon, Intuitive ect..... It still is very sad, whenever I hear of somebody losing their job. Its the Business World we now live in. You will get through it, You will Prosper.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just thank Obama. That's the reason all the changes have hit in Medical Sales.

Call it whatever you want but that is the main reason. It boils down to 25% less reimbursement and a 2.5% tax on Gross Sales, NOT Net!!!!!

If you disagree you're a moron.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I left the company over a year ago and changed industries, it was because of what Obamacare was going to do to Device companies. I'm sorry that this is happening but it will never be the same and most device companies are going through the same iterations. I wish the senior guys would handle this with more class and respect for the sales force, but as a former EMID rep, I only saw a lot of talk and poor action from them. Don't expect them to do the right thing - they haven't yet and have no reason to start. Take care of yourself and your families first. Best of luck to everyone.