Expansion????

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire could give a flying &*** about your family. Wake up, this is no longer the Shire you knew years ago.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and its all part of Perry's "high performance" culture. What a crock. You should see the underhanded stuff this guy and Kathy are pulling. History repeats itself again I'm afraid.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree! Did it ever dawn on them that the reason we don't have higher frequency on top targets is maybe because of restricted access and not for lack of trying??? So now you will have two reps trying to jockey for the same once a month call on some of these drs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have some of these overlappers entering my region. There is absolutely no need for them. I have been here almost 20 years, and have worked throughout my entire zone. I know these customers, and what they will allow. You are exactly right; we would have higher frequency if these targets would allow it. I'm not sure why they can't get it through their thick heads...HCP's are busy!!! They can't stop to see a Pharma Rep in between every patient like they used to. They are seeing more patients, and earning less money. They need to handle their tasks in between patients. THEY SIMPLY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR MULTIPLE VISITS.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone asked EJ about his opinion on expansion?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will any new regions be created or will existing regions become bigger by 1 -3 sales reps?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were right on with this statement.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like someone else should stick to delivering lunches? This poster could not have been more accurate. I wish I would have listened the first time they posted it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you surprised?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please identify yourself or I will steal your hair.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would Shire hire people to overlap reps already in territory? Plzzzzzzzz someone tell me why????????????? Pfizer and Merck started this mess and docs get frustrated seeing 1 rep one day and another rep next day etc etc etc

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because someone messed up big time when they aligned the territories in 2012. Territory A may have 700 doctors and 20000 TRX while territory B may only have 200 doctors and 9000 TRX. The work load was not distributed properly and now more reps are being added to compensate. An earlier post mentioned that 112 reps were laid off in 2012 and now the company has expanded by 105-110. Coincidence? Some would say we didn't need the original realignment in 2012. The previous territories were cut and balanced well.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one "messed up" Angus didn't like having all these reps so he made the BU retract. The alignments you see were made like that to spare jobs and keep as many as possible. Why do you think they told people in June and then did it in Nov???? So they could get people to jump ship. They even let people stand up and volunteer for a package. Fleming then came in and wanted to pump up the stock price so he adds reps back in and courts Wall St to help get us sold. You see how that turned out right? Now they are cutting CBrook to reduce headcount but not affect sales and watch out, a new buyer is right on the horizon. We will all be toast very soon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not quite true. They didn't disclose the % of reps to be laid off, parameters for selection, and territory types (majority adult) to be eliminated until 3 weeks prior to the layoff when they offered the buyout. The buyout was only available for one week. Before that our manager repeatedly, as in every conference call, indicated we would not lose any territories. We were not prepared.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they wanted to spare jobs they wouldn't have one rep covering the size of 2- 3 territories while another rep in adjacent territory is covering a territory the size of the old territories. Now instead of correcting the mistake, lets just throw another rep or two in the mix.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total confusion with expansion. Why do some territories have 2-3 reps covering and another has only 1 rep covering? Executive or Specialty - what is difference? I don't want to join a company that has reps covering and new hires join and are considered unwanted from disgruntled original rep complaining about it? Culture goes downwards when this happens. Why hiring more people if not wanted Shire?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a great question. None of us understand it either. Overlap reps and core reps will be tripping over one another. No one wants to work with an overlap rep. No docs want it either. This medication is very simple. These docs are completely familiar with it, new indication or not. Absolutely no need for this expansion. If anything, they could re-cut the current territories. Only take this job if you are completely DESPERATE.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got news for you, the culture has already gone downward. The VP of Sales and her boss are complete sociopaths.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw him at a make-up convention about two years ago. When I asked him why he was there, he said his "wife was around, somewhere" but he "couldn't find her" I asked if he needed help and he blushed then walked away. Now it makes sense. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are expanding into the land of Gondor!