SLM - actual meeting or celebration?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Dec 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the agenda?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is NO celebration going on at this. In fact its quite the opposite. Not may RDs care to even be at this thing and the agenda is nothing more than a line up of slide after slide on what Kathy expects moving forward. But instead of her preaching from the front she uses the RDs to get HER message across since she has ZERO influence on this sales force.

If its anything like the Chicago meeting in the summer, she'll get the cold shoulder and maybe even a couple boos or sneers since most are hip to her and her boyfriend Perry and their fake bullshit.

Lets try and count how many times Perry flubs our products name. My guess is at least 10. What an incompetent dumb ass.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, what are her expectations moving forward?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From speaking with my RD she is laying out a bunch of micromanaging tasks for 2015. She doesn't trust the people under her. She is making ZD's do extra task and that will filter down to RD to sales rep. Several RD's are pushing back.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Her expectations?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amongst her list of expectations is that RD's are to be making, yes making calls in 2015. Not with reps either. Additionally more RD input is expected as to where calls will be made during field rides so that they are not just going for "the ride" She feels the reps are reps, the better reps are RD' s and so on. RD's are expected to be more thorough and prompt when following up on field rides. RD's are going to approve/reject any request made to RUL, No Access, or remove any professional.

In terms of the overlay reps, there is expected to be a ton of collaboration between them and the core reps in terms of itinerary and scheduling. RD's are expected to have a hand in this as well.

Put it to you like this, and I am not trying to instill fear in anyone. Any of the freedoms and pleasures you experienced in the field for Shire, regardless of role (Rep, RD, ZD) it's gone. It's still a Pharma job so it's not really difficult. But, the days of Bull shitting calls, half a day field rides, working 11-3, are either done, or on their way to being done. That being said, if you actually go to work, make the calls, use your iPad etc, you'll be ok. Just hit your inflated, unattainable, ridiculous #'s. Because if you don't, it's the end of the line.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like any and everything this will be RD or ZD specific.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is RD specific. Their roles are changing dramatically. How they manage the reps is going to be different, therefore how the ZD's manage the RD's is going to be different. Things are going to look very different soon out in the field.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the point. Some RD's will manage one way some won't. Same with ZD's. Not every RD/ZD will jump because KK says so.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats what you think. Shes bringing in her own people so the flexibility you think you have is ending. Especially at the ZD level. Shire is done.

What's even more disturbing is yesterday was a travel day into LA for the meeting in Laguna. Meanwhile there's a huge inferno burning in downtown LA all day that they say looks like armegeddon, check out the pics online. Is this an omen? I think so.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So now core reps, overlay reps and now RD and ZD calling on the same targets? Why not just go back to a 5 person pod system?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With all the extra paperwork and collaboration required you will still end up in the field the same time. Sadly, most Reps and RD's I know do their job and you will end up seeing less productivity due to the new expectations. Everyone will be more concerned with doing what's required versus what is good for the business.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Welcome to big pharma where everyone is so busy "playing the game" no one actually takes the time to treat their territory as their own business. Nice job KK and PS. We will give you exactly what you want and not one thing extra. I hope you realize that the reason Shire did so well was because of our culture. 12 great years with Shire. It's sad to see where the company is headed. Those of us from old shire need to come together to take back our company. I refuse to let these people come in and tear down everything we have built.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been this way with my RD the whole time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Everyone will be more concerned with doing what's required versus what is good for the business."

Exactly. Management can never figure this out which surprises me. When you trust and respect people they will go above and beyond to give you more reasons to trust them. When you don't trust or respect them they will do what you ask when you are looking and nothing more. Show me a person who doesn't trust and respect his people and I will show you a person who people can't trust or respect.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Monday morning and Friday afternoon team POD breakfast and lunch meetings! Welcome to Novartis and Pfizer! Want to schedule a lunch in an office? Better make sure your team mate can join you. A pod mate is just a way for the higher ups to babysit you by getting you to babysit eachother. If you are lucky you end up with a person you can trust, has your back and get along with. More often than not you end up with some control freak trying to move into management at any costs. Then it's like having your RD with you everyday and everyweek.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have got to be kidding me?!!! Do they know what year it is? Not even big pharma does this anymore. Not to mention the time the commute alone will take for a lot of reps to meet with their crossover rep who could be upwards of 2 hours away!!!! What a waste of time. This leadership had their heads up their you know what.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm actually fine with a Friday afternoon meeting, as long as it's in a bar

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This ^^^