Shire 'looking' at Salix

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're so awesome and stock option rich.
    We are so envious and jealous that we have no interest in buying your company (or working with you for that matter).
    Have a nice day!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please at least get your facts straight before you spout off... Salix does not give their reps stock options - they are restricted stock grants that vest every year- and the entire salesforce receives it as a new hire bonus and each year as part of the appraisal process. No it's not options, and no it's not a set $ amount. Some companies still value their reps and have a built in retention system- sound familiar?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is that "built in retention system" working? Not really good I will tell you that. I work at Salix and in my 15 years in the industry I have never seen so much turnover. Sad when not even the stock keeps you around.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Much of the turnover at Salix has been Santarus reps who don't like the fact that they now have to work a full day and are held accountable. They don't have much stock, so it probably doesn't factor into a decision to leave. They just hung on until they could find another job, and their departure was a good thing. Beyond that, turnover is probably still a bit higher than industry average. For the record, I've been here a while and have been perfectly happy with the company.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

save your drama for your mama
    post this on the salix board
    we're not interested

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your crazy turnover has been horrible since before Santarus- only has gotten worse with them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Steve Biggs for this info.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guys, we're buying Salix. We're sending a due diligence team over there after the holidays.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course. No urgency here and FO needs his rest.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a stupid name for a company, Shire? Are you a hobbit? Bawhahahaha!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a stupid post. What are you a wanna be comedian?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you Bilbo?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There has been a big push from investors wanting Salix sold. What is your source about shire sending people over to Salix

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, Frodo!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix CEO "retired" (aka "resigned") today. Getting rid of that inept management team and having that audit completed makes us more likely to purchase them IMO.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard today that Salix has been approached by us, Actavis, Gilead and takeda. They have retained an outside firm to help them evaluated the situation. I wonder who is going to get them? Imo they have almost too many producs and whatever company gets them will than need to divest some of them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same here. Care to expand on your source

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have stated publicly they are reviewing strategic options and retained Centerview Partners as advisors. This is a great chance for Shire to overpay in desperation for another company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix would be a nice fit. The have some nice drugs with long patents left.