AZ rejects bid?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like things are going to get ugly! It is off to the shareholders we go, we go! This is like a movie!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AstraZeneca is preparing to reject a £69bn takeover bid by rival drugmaker Pfizer just hours after its US suitor said it would walk away if its offer were rebuffed, putting into doubt a deal that would be the largest foreign takeover of a UK company.

In a statement on Sunday evening, Pfizer said it would not make a hostile bid and would only proceed with the offer with the recommendation of the AstraZeneca board.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deal is officially dead, Thank God, we didn't want them anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DOA deal. It's done, now Pfizer will be left to collapse of its own excess heft. http://www.cnbc.com/id/101683669

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Short the shitbout of AZ if the hack claiming the offer will be rejected is accurate. AZ will drop back to pre- offer levels within 3 months.

LOE of several key brands will be painful.

I actually hope this deal fails at this price. Waaaaay to pricey short term as well as long

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who is your guess as to Pfizer's next takeover target? I would be surprised if Ian abandons the UK or Ireland tax savings angle.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who gives a shit…the pre offer price is still a hell of a lot better than your current and has been stagnant stock price for years.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ian, Ian, Ian... Now, now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Might want to look at a chart for the last 3 years. AZ down over 12% as I write this. So my premise is spot on. Sell AZ short

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to those at AZ, they actually have a CEO with some "ba..." Just wish Wyeth had the same a few years ago.

Now what will all of us in selling C,L, V do? My DM keeps saying that all is fine?? Cluster 2 was told the same a year and half ago... 40% cuts later, and that was with Eliquis coming.... not that it has sold much, but we have nothing new coming.

Better kick up the R&D (research, buy and destroy) another company fast... but not going to be AZ!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say bye bye to the pain division. They escaped the last go round with cluster 2 taking the brunt of the cuts---now it's their turn in the barrel.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have it backwards, they don't want us. Who in hell would want a loser company like Pfizer?
    We're becoming the joke of the industry....a bunch of fools who have to destroy other companies to survive. Pfizer should just slowly continue it's downward spiral and just fade away into oblivion.