COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The GUI was supposed to be fixed via hardware 6 months ago, evidently the problem was not addressed properly.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Snds like there r a few ppl may go 2 DOJ, blow whstle, or qui tam w vry legit reasons. Not good for medtronic & huge liability. There r recalls w 840 going back ovr decade. Statute limit 6 yrs, still applies.

Bugs & recalls not surprisng. 980 engineer said vent not well tested & had design flaws 18 months ago b4 apprvl. Covidien forced CP to pull those posts. truth must hurt. Amazed gui fix isn't in yet. 980 was apprvd what, Feb 2014? Isn't commercializing knowingly flawed prdct agnst law?

This thread is compliance officers wrst nightmare. Bets Loretta Lynch or Sylvia Burwell reading CP? They just had big win & onto nxt trgt.

Tough sell 4 Omar if he shopping RMS arnd. Makes sense, RMS isnt good fit w portfolio. Just mate of time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thread was more interesting, and readable, when discussing song lyrics. At least then posters were using actual words rather than speaking in toungues.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree! Only time will tell- Asia

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another field action, don't use neo-mode. I would trust Puritan Bennett to fix problems. No faith in this new group.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the best you've got? Ignore the content? Just business? Who gives a shit about patients eh? Nothing alarming in the thread? Nice to see your Covidien moral compass hasn't moved one bit in the right direction since the acquisition. Read the thread.

So Omar I., you, Matt A. and Joel B are putting 2lb NICU babies and peds lives at risk with faulty trachs that are being recalled globally. Was that the right thing to do or was your hand forced? Likely the latter because given the choice, the company never does the right thing.

Are there any other faulty or flawed Respiratory Solutions products the 3 of you would like to own up to that may affect these wee patients? Any product the company had knowledge of issues prior to approval yet did nothing until threat of another global recall forced your hand? Any product that was, say, prior to regulatory approval 17 months ago, shipped surreptitiously through Europe so it could be tested on a couple HUMANS in a 3rd world Central American country before it was ever tested on an ANIMAL? Anything where the ombudsman was called and they did NOTHING but their best 3 wise monkey imitation? Any products where the engineers raised their hands and voiced concern over the way it was being developed and possible design flaws but all leadership cared about was getting it out of the door and driving up the valuation for the acquisition?

Got handed a big barrel of dicks, no way leadership couldn't know about all the problems but wanted to push it out the door, and there's nothing but crickets.

Sufficiently verbose?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yikes. What's the neo recall about?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AC/DC: Highway to hell?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hells bells r ringing, but Hell aint a bad place to be.
    It's Heaven and Hell.....ohhhh weeell

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The band will get back together "when he'll freezes over".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeaahhhh, OOM we'll be a New Kid in Town with a Peaceful Easy Feeling.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did the vent trials go at the mayo clinic and John hopkins?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line from HELL songs above
    "The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo after trach debacle.

What if backup vent is 980? Nurses and techs are supposed to bag patients for a few months until fix is in? How many months? Gui fix isn't done.

How can trust 980 after all recalls and field actions since approval?

Wait time for vent w Hill Rom and United is 6-8 weeks, likely to get worse because of this. Imagine even worse off overseas.

Hello competition! "So now I come to you with open arms" - Journey

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eagles one more time. The Sad Café. CP!?

"Oh, expecting to fly,
    we would meet on that beautiful shore in the sweet by and by

Some of their dreams came true,
    some just passed away
    And some of them stayed behind
    inside the Sad Cafe.

The clouds rolled in and hid that shore
    Now that Glory Train, it don't stop here no more
    Now I look at the years gone by,
    and wonder at the powers that be.
    I don't know why fortune smiles on some
    and let's the rest go free"

Is this the best thread on CP ever?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seven bridges road, that's the one

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Omar! Is PB err Tyco err Covidien err Medtronic handing out free copies of Blue Oyster Cults "Don't fear the reaper" to all 980 NICU and PICU customers? Recommend you include 840 legacy customers because there are plenty of unresolved bugs putting patients in danger.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Music lovers What a great band BOC once was. Would also suggest Hot rails to hell (the heat from below can burn your eyes ouuuutttt...) and Career of Evil dedicated to JW and BH, the Agents of Fortune. BTW I see Godzilla in my crystal ball...but that's let's say one of my Secret treaties.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't say I ever got into BOC, do they have any other hits?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lets get back to The Eagles