Voyant

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Several accounts in my area are starting to move to Applied. How are you guys handling it in your area?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't seen Voyant in my territory yet, but it sounds like an attractive option from a supply chain perspective.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied troll

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Several of my top Ligasure surgeons have told me that Voyant is clinically superior and half the cost. Anyone else seeing this?" LOL

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a known fact the Applied management read the Cov, JNJ and Applied boards quite often looking to make themselves appear better than they actually are. My buddy from training said theyve been pushing purchasing hard since January when they released this piece of junk but he keeps throwing them out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Product is shitty. They'll be about as successful with it as we are at selling suture.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shitty or not, even if they take just 10% of the market, that's a hit on us and Ethicon. We heard the same thing about our suture but we've seen lots of accounts make it work.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's shitty about it? Sounds like it's doing the same thing as the ligasure.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's manufactured by Applied Medical.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thing about Applied, they are very agile from R&D and manufacturing perspective. They had low quality standard when they launched trocar, in less than 2 years they were able to catch up from quality perspective.

Similar will occur on energy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Despite the pessimistic views, number speaks louder.

Applied now own 2 share pt based on the latest IMS report. For a product that was just launch recently a few months ago, that is a win.

It is nothing but up for Applied energy and nothing but down for COV.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 share points of what market? Can you provide a link to this report?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get the latest one from Pulseconnect group.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dandy Dandy
    Knockin on the back door
    Climbing through the window

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop fooling yourself now. Seeing you guys talking voyant is a sign that you are worried about it. Plain and simple.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your right, we would be scared of voyant, if it actually worked. Can any Applied troll name a single account in the entire country where
    The product has actually worked?

We havent seen one. Poor sealing on thin tissue, instruments falling apart, seals taking waaaaaay too long. Thats the feedback our surgeons are telling us.

But hey, maybe we are drinking ligasure koolaid. Just please name a single account that has converted.

Didnt think so.

Back to the drawing board...

The sad thing is that you people working for applied dont even realize you are overworked, underpaid, and fighting a losing battle as your leadership whips you harder for unattainable results.

I feel pity for you.

Ive worked with some of your reps and they are truly hard working talented grinders trying to make a living. But unfortunatley, your like the germans in ww II. Fighting a valiant fight in a losing battle.

Too bad Siad doesnt off himself and end your misery.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fair comments. I agree that we might not come out with the best quality but if we can refine the product to be "good enough" for the surgeons we will be able to move the market our way. That was proven.

It will be the same story like Trocar all over again, we promise you that. We have the ability to learn from our mistakes, improve the products, and come out with revisions much faster than you do.

Let's save the time and not argue on CP and get back in 6 months time to resume this healthy debate to see how much additional share we will gain by then.

We are here to stay and we will disrupt the ligasure market tremendously.

BTW, check out with your friends onhow we have made progress at Cleveland, Cedar, MD Anderson, Kaiser, and UPMC for your reference.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Familiar rhetoric.
    If all this were true, why the over-reaction from your leadership by dropping price and rushing accounts into trying to buy you're overpriced products? Voyant doesn't have any noticeable market share but your actions speak louder than your words. The panic-stricken approach you all are taking says it all.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd hardly call it panic. Any me-too product at half the price has to be defended against. That said, it's only a problem if it's as good as Ligasure. Based solely on the 510k for the open devices, voyant's clinical performance doesn't match up. Pretty much irrelevant anyway. This is just the first of what is sure to be a flood of cheap vessel sealing devices in the coming years. It's only a matter of time before the market is fully commoditized. The problem is that we had it so good for so long. Tough to let go. It's market share or profit margin from here on out.