July 2015

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dillweed..that's not why the company eliminated the cell phones. They did it to save costs-period. There is nobody in a room looking at salesforce.com and seeing if they can "catch us." There isn't enough personnel to do that because we keep cutting costs-like tech support.

They are cutting people for other reasons-it's called differentiation. I'll explain it to you sometime ya prick. All the do is look for the folks they don't like and then they start banging you field visits, giving you low scores on presentation, dinging you on policy violations, etc. Then when cuts are announced, these are the first to go.

What don't you understand you young MBA? They didn't teach that from the textbook did they Einstein?

You're all theory puss-ant. That's why you'll never get it.

Now go have some more beer and doritos

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are people so mean? It is common knowledge that this entire industry is in a general decline. If layoffs aren't in July, they will be in September or December or soon thereafter. Stop the name calling. We are still a whole month away from July, and then there are 31 days in the month. Since they are laying off in small numbers now to avoid the WARN payout, there won't be advance notice. Stop being mean and start focusing on your plan B.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will need a plan C , D , E. Countdown to Operation Zeus and your demise.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the contrary, the person you criticized was exactly correct. That's not just my uninformed opinion; I know this for a fact. I played a role in that particular event. You people have no idea of the degree of the insidious behavior that goes on in this company. Suffice it to say that everything they do is done for reasons other than that which they disclose. Everything. It's beyond reprehensible.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it wasn't, Einstein. I know what I'm talking about because I was in on the meetings that you claim to know so much about. Eat.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many people were displaced this week, so I guess the person who started this thread was correct. Thank you for giving us the early heads up.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That person is you jackass trying to do damage control on bogus info
    you'll look like the fool you are in July

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey d-bag....sorry charlie, there was nobody displaced this week. You look pathetic every time you post and then reply to yourself about upcoming "layoffs." Suck on this one for a while.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, it's not july - but there were a second round of "asymmetrical deployments" this past week. it will be ongoing and will be smaller and targeted. no national slice and dice on the horizon, but the continual targeted downsizes will occur. Mainly to territories that are largely account based and the accounts shut out reps. It seems to be almost completely access driven coupled with perhaps some degree of profitability in territory? Unfortunately, unless you are in a region where it occurs, you will not be officially notified by management, but you will hear it here. Those regions where it occurred held t/c's via individual manager. Apparently, no notice given. Just a call the day of. Expect another wave in September if this pattern is continued (march, june, etc.).

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is my once a month sometimes every two month post.

Idiot,
    Totally false. There will be cuts but not the idiot reps. Let me give you a hint. When we shuttered that large crappy building people complained about the condition of the building and the lack of vending machines. We are not going to put a dollar into a buildind that will get closed. Where us that happening now? That's the best I could give you.

There is not a big need to displace reps right now. Have you noticed the MBA's have became scientists. We are just buying other companies pipelines. You idiots reps do help the bottom line numbers. You have a high opex but so does finance.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuts in Ohio took place last week. Teleconferences with managers at the end of the day confirmed this. 4 primary care reps were displaced. We were told that two territories merged and also Cleveland Clinic territory was affected. Also, CTL couldn't say how often, but based on wave in March and now June it does seem like every quarter small layoffs could happen. Unless your region has people that get displaced, there will be no teleconference or mention of this. That is pretty much what we were told on the call. Sorry, Don't have more information.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Common sense dictates that gradual displacements will continue. Drip, drip, drip. You people say it yourselves everyday out loud on this board. How your jobs are useless, how you don't work ( were has that " 15 guy" been?) how you're scamming your Merck salary to sell cream, or drive uber, or deliver pizza in your company car on the side. A rep is a massive expenditure, a huge liability, for a minuscule return. Say what you want about Merck but it's not stupid. Huge corporations turn slowly but they do turn. You are all gone. Januvia patent expires in 2017. You have maybe two years, probably less. Then you can see if your side job will support you in the style you have become accustomed to at Merck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Note this post. It is the truth. Check back in two years to confirm accuracy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait another week.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More news to come?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

on the diabetes webcast, they announced departures of 2 people high up in the diabetes ranks. One was a medical director and the other a marketing director. Are these people heading for the hills because they know something we don't? Is diabetes franchise sinking?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would not put much stock in marketing people leaving. There job is not secure if market share drops they get blamed and they are gone. Marketing then blames sales and so it goes round and round.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck peaked in 2001? No way. This company peaked in mid-90's. It has been the all downward slide you referenced since the advent of Lipitor. Merck lost its statin franchise then and the rest is history. Look it up if you have doubts. Pressure was on for VIOXX to then save this company and the rest of the story. People did un-Merck like things with VIOXX and mama's reputation went down the shitter. Enter mediocrity at best with Merck. The company became a real shit hole to work for, too, as a result of the VIOXX shenanigans and Lipitor panic.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duhhhh!

What u think?

The market is full!

Stuffed, overwhelmed, filled, plenty of excess that are better working options.....
    And here's a secret........more of the better coming to market!!

Yes, the diaper is full!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good posting, but you have one thing wrong…

Merck IS stupid...