Return of The Queen

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're sweet, thank you. Trust me, my real full time job is advocating for my son...services, IEP's, crap like that. Sadly, many of the school districts in Montco are hurting because of Merck layoffs. So, the cyber school route with wrap-around services seem best right now. I know some of the Montco school districts use the Bucks County IU. But Corbett did a number on schools when he was in office. That's when my son lost out to kids more severely on the autism spectrum (non-verbal or limited verbal abilities). I can't argue that they need the services more than my son. I thank God every day for a husband who has supported my leaving a good career (scientist, but not lab at this point) and devoting time to my son.

I will say that the best therapies are typically privately provided, so we try to sacrifice to give him the best services available.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is worse is sports. I was coaching rookie ball (6 years old) and I had a great kid who was special needs. I would always throw him a few more balls and then allow him to use a tee. I was shocked that the other coaches were against that. Even when I explained the situation in private they still had problems with it. The rules state 5 pitches then your out but still let the kids have fun. They still believe in Santa.
    Luckily I told the other coaches to F off and I don't care if they had a problem or what they think. I have a strong personality and whenever anyone tells me to do something or else, I always pick else. It gets me in trouble but I'm more of a do it anyway and ask for forgiveness later. The best memory I have beyond coaching my son was when that child got a hit when I pitched the ball to him. He was so shocked and happy it made a memory that I will have for a lifetime. It was worth it. I am hoping he plays fall ball because he will be on my team. I will make sure he has fun. It's just a game.

I am shocked at sports for kids today. They wanted my 6 year old son to play on a travel team for eight year olds. They travel across the state and play in games and tournaments. I like he is six years old. Why have him play during the summer and put all that pressure on him. He just a kid. He's my little boy. He will get tired of the game real quick. The amount of pressure they try to put on kids is unreal. It all sports now.

Sometime the best therapy for a kid is a smile.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is even better than the 15 Guy. Take all of that extra time and earn the cash. Why waste it on a golf course?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, my friend, are a saint! And thank you for putting a smile on my face. I am sure you will never know how happy you made that family! Many special needs kids are limited to non-team sports. And I hear the travel horror stories and politics from other parents. I cringe. When I say non-team sports, I mean more individualized sports like golf, swimming, certain track and field events. My friend, a former pro football player, hates the way youth sports are headed. The kids are forced to pick one sport early in life to make sure he/she makes the travel team.

I had a therapist criticize me for having my son learn golf. She said is was too much of a sport for a loner. I disagree. Besides, he didn't play baseball, so he had his swing built for him. He clocks that ball. Still has a way to go, but he learned quickly. We play, so it's a nice family affair.

FYI: I post out of half bitterness (family screwed over by Merck) and partly out of fear for my friends still there who ask my advice. When I look at the 100 year pure silver coin we all got when we were there, I shake my head. I don't know why I still have it. And there was never anything wrong with the old logo either!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've found that most of the stuff posted here is the only dose of truth that we get. Would you rather get the truth from sometimes bitter people or more lies from you CTL and DCO? I've gotten plenty of those.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am far from a saint. It's just a matter of right and wrong. If it puts a smile on a face that's all that matters. I think the people who were successful in sports feels the exact same way as your friend. It's the ones that were never good at sports caused this. They needs to live through their kids because they are missing something.
    I have two friends with special needs kids and it's hard on them personally and also on their marriage. I am writing that from a guys point of view. Maybe that is why I try to do more. I have seen it first hand. It's alway easier to slam what you don't know or even not care. Maybe this place has done it to the weak.

There is nothing to be bitter about. It does not help the situation. It just eats at you. Over time you won't be good to anyone. As time continues you won't even be good to yourself. Hopefully your friends will be fine. Misery loves company. Nothing good could come out of it Its just another barrier that is not worth burning cycles on. Most of the people here are smart, dynamic, and well rounded. The fear will take over if you let it. No need to be mean and bitter about it.

For the people with the conspiracy theories that I am troll. I'm not even going to try to change your mind. If you think bad about me that's fine. It's really sad that you tell a mothers that it's their fault. Maybe if you walked a mile in their shoes you attitude would change. Personally I don't think you're strong enough to handle that adversity. If you are forced to reply back with hatred maybe you should not read it in the first place.

Take care and god bless. I really mean that. Even to the haters who will continue to hate no matter what is written.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking they thought I was the troll. So, no, I do not think that. However, do you see how some people will get their jollies over another's suffering? Blessings to you as well. Trust me, I could write a book about the insensitive comments I have received. You have been a refreshing breath of fresh air!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Queen here. You're wrong again. I don't know who is writing the other posts. You obviously don't, either. Also, you sound like a heartless pig.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why even answer that troll. They need a negative response. That is what makes them happy. If you enable that behavior it will give them a false feeling of power. If you call him/her a pig, they feel like their important because someone responded. Just post everyone is getting laid off or they are cutting the pension. All the wolfs just jump on the bandwagon regardless if it's true or not. The best thing you can do is ignore the trolls. If you don't feed them they get bored and goes away. They are not worthy of a response. The trolls are kind of like ex girlfriends. Pretend they don't exist when you see them. Nothing good can happen especially if you are happily married. It's not worth the headache.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Queen, you deserve your crown! :) Good on ya!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rock on, Queen.