A day in the life of a Merck rep

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2015 at 6:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get up in the morning to attend mandatory teleconference that sucks ass with nothing new-total waste of time.
    Go to storage shed to meet with nit-wits who conduct inventory and waste another 30 minutes.
    Go see first clinic at 10:30.
    Trouble with car-AC quits working on POS cars.
    Call Wheels and drop car off at dealer and call for rental.
    Wheels tells you they aren't in charge of rentals, thats CEI. You call CEI and they put you in contact with local rental company who won't have a car ready for 3 hours. Finally find one at another location. They are late picking you up and you miss your RFM. Fuck.
    You show up 1.5 hours late to you RFM(everyone is gone and the pigs have cleaned the place out but you can see 2 customers
    You return the your car and get an email from your manager telling you a new flag list wasn't done correctly and has to be finished within the hour. Bullshit. More HQ matrix type of shit. Has nothing to do with normal day to day activities-another time burner.
    The clinic you're at has terrible connection-time to go to coffee shop to find wi-fi. You finally get it done in a nick of time.
    See one more clinic-they don't want to see you but they will take your samples-of course they will sign but you can't witness it. They say if you have to witness it, they aren't interested in your drug. But you know if you do that you lose business, and your competitors will for sure have them sign even though they don't witness. Fucking bullshit job and company.
    You go to the library to find a space to do expenses. As your doing them you lose connectivity. You try to get back into COMET and your now "blocked." You call the fucking helpdesk and they tell you to wait 45-60 minutes. It should work then. Fuck.
    You then send a message to you manager about another item but it won't leave your outbox. You call the fucknuts at the helpdesk and they tell you your mailbox has reached capacity and you can't send or receive email. Fuck off.
    So then you have to send a "request" to increase your mailbox size to your CTL. It takes 24-48 hours to get that taken care of. Meanwhile, you have no working email and your manager would like to have this particular piece of shit, er, I mean information.
    You go to the closest bar and have a stiff one because your sick of talking to the fucking guys from India that you can't understand. Fuck the company.
    You then get a text message from your manager telling you that you've been selected to be part of a "special" team that will work with marketing. Big fucking deal. That teleconference will be next week-on Friday-4:00 your time. Fuck off.
    You then try to see one, just one more customer before calling it quits. Before you do you check your samples to discover that the lot number on your samples is not in your iPad. You check the expiration date-18 months away. No updates to PI. What the fuck? Now what? So, you can't leave samples. It doesn't matter because they don't want them anyway. You finally see her in the hallway and want to use a new reprint that you've received. Of course, you can only fucking use about 25% of it because of all the medical/legal bullshit. Most of the good things that would generate income to the company isn't approved to discuss. Fuck off Merck. When you present it to her, she's not interested anyway. You sell a horseshit piece of drug. You know it, and so does she.
    You get back to the car and call the fucks at the helpdesk and get routed all over the place to find your samples analyst. You finally find him, but he doesn't know why your lot number isn't showing up. He wants to do a remote session but you can't because of your piece of shit company computer. It doesn't work. And why should it? It costs only $100 by the time merck gets their discount. Good fucking grief.
    You dropped your iPad when some fat-fuck of a lady bumps into you on the elevator. Of course, this happens because she had to force her way into the elevator before you could get out and here wasn't enough room for the both of you. Now you've got a big crack on our iPad and call your manager. He tells you to go to the local Apple store to replace it but it's going to cost you $49. What the fuck? I'll pay it but the fuckers from merck will end up paying me 3 times that amount. They just won't find it.
    In the end, you've had enough and call it a day.
    When you finally get home you get a message from Bob Fucking Macmahon on your iPad about how great this shit hole of a company is and how safe it is to speak up along with his grating "we'll speak to y'all later" shit ass fuck Texas bullshit accent.

You get to do it all again tomorrow. Holy shit.

Fuck this company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. I've often thought that if I could catalog all the crap we have to put up with during any given day that upper management might even cringe. Come to think of it, they don't care so they probably wouldn't. Big Ken is too busy sucking at the public trough making his 20 mil bonus while eliminating others at the same time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is pretty good.

You get to do it all again tomorrow.

Let the money pile up. $$$

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy crap-this is what I go through, minus a couple things, on a daily basis.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry after reading this.

Pathetically sad company aint it?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha-now that is funny

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, company pretty much sucks ass but thats a funny story

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...just...wow. And a co-worker of my sister's left to join this?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow...retired a few years ago when the nonsense started to really driving me nuts. Looks like it has gotten worse. I feel for you guys out there. Obviously the company could care less about what you go through every day. You'd think they would fix, or remove, some of these non-productive activities so you could actually go out and sell. Too much tracking and busy work. Sales people need to sell, not do teleconferences and spreadsheets.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't fret the training will be through and linked to body mass index for menu select. The development of our delislingers is high priority.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be tracked if they suspect you need to be tracked.otherwise they don't track you 24/7

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are tracked when you have been targeted for removal. It has nothing to do with performance.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why any removal? We all know Merck doesn't kick people out cuz' they're getting older or tipping income bars...LOL

Yep...good folks, good producers out the door!

Nothing mysterious once you screw in a light bulb and look around...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

America…what a country!

FU MERCK!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My thoughts exactly. Why can't they understand that all this bureaucracy BS is killing our business?

"How we get results are as important as getting results." Yeah, sure thing. Just like:

"Medicine is for the people and not the profits...."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working for Merck is like spending the day at the DMV. Dysfunctional, not a lot of physical labor but also no satisfying results. After a while, the process just becomes numbing. At lease we get a great compensation package and I am thankful for that. It is just that the work itself is so deflating. Not a job I would want my kids to pursue.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Working too hard some of you. I have gone away for a week (while on territory wink wink), and have certainly not at least in the last few years worked more than 10 hours a week.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm right there with you. I spend more time with my "extra" products than I do with my Merck trash. Sig, sig, sig and then it's all about the REAL stuff that I actually DO sell.

FU Merck. You're getting what you have coming.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

holy crap-what a post. Sure hope his/her day got better

the place does suck big time