Return of The Queen

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, my fellow Merck loyalists;) I'm having a little coffee and tuning into ongoing train wreck story here at Merck.

Your Queen has returned to the Merck Board for the first time in several months. I hope many of you took my advice and ventured out into the medical sales world, while milking Merck for all that you can. I know of many stories similar to my own; the med sales world is full of opportunity. To those of you that ventured into the pain cream market, you have likely done very well for yourselves. To those of you that haven't, I'm sorry to say that changes in insurance have hurt the reimbursements of our beloved pain creams. I'm still earning more from them than from my Merck income, though! I've found a new service to sell to my physicians and sales are about to start skyrocketing again! The opportunities abound! Find a good distributor and go for it!

I've seen more of my former Merck colleagues continue to get ridden out of the company. I sense that another formal RIF is close. Belsomra isn't what we were hoping for and the rest of the product line is in poor shape and/or nearing generic availability. Prepare for the unavoidable eventuality of being forced to leave this once-great company. That is indeed an eventuality for every one of us.

Ignore the stupidity that surrounds us, both on this Board and in our districts. Look out for yourself and trust very few of your colleagues. The imbeciles abound, as they always have.

Good luck to you all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the free useless advice. But I have a real job that doesn't invlove lying to my employer or hawking patent medicine. Sorry to hear that re-imbursments have collapsed for your topical lidocaine, NSAID, and capsaicin. It was only a matter of time right? Even if you scammed Merck by not working and patients with your snake oil, you should have used the time to find something more permanent, but you got lazy, complacent and have no other skills. Oh well, better luck next time. If there is one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contrary to your diatribe's pointlessness, I took the Queen's advice and have been selling the pain cream (and other compounded meds) for about 18 months. I've only dabbled a bit here and there with a few friendly physicians, though. Just out of curiosity, I added up my total 1099 earnings thus far---$110,000. Do the drugs work? You bet they do. Am I happy as I can be? You bet I am. Even now, as reimbursements have slowed, I'm making a tidy sum and only putting 8-10 hours per month doing it.

The Queen was right. She was right about the cream and she was right about there being imbeciles all around us. Take you, for example.

Al hail The Queen!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

110k for 8 hours a week? Sure we belive you. Course you hafta report taxes on that. So it aint all that good, even with your creative accounting and big talk fiction on here. You should have used the time for something permanent. But you didn't did you? Door to door sales is the limit of your skill set. Now two admissions that insurance isn't paying for your over priced emu oil, then there's Merck layoffs right around the corner. Back to square one sport. Well, it was sorta good while it lasted huh? By your accounting- 18 months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm the Queens Queen
    Norvair isn't working any alternatives ?
    I'm dying here from a wrong lifestyle

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Note: It was me to whom you responded. I'm not the Queen.

Yes, I do pay taxes on that, just like I do on my Merck income. To simplify it to the point where you can understand, it's like I got an extra $110,000 bonus check for the last 18 months. That's small compared to what some of the others have earned. As for the 'while it lasted" comment, I made $5300 last month. That's still pretty good; it's just less than the $10,000 I made in December. And you obviously aren't bright enough to understand that it's NOT "back to square one". When the Merck axe falls, I'll still be pulling down my compounding income. (I wonder how much I'll ultimately earn from my compounding sales…:))

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, one more thing. I don't work 8-10 hours per week. It's 8-10 hours per MONTH!!! Believe it or not!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew several queens in New York you would be at home in their company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was this written by a human? I can't decipher it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now this I can decipher, but the grammar is so bad it makes no sense. This is the Merck message board, right?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hanging around shilling for snake oil and an uncertain income while scamming my real employer and waiting to get fired doesn't sound like much of a career choice but maybe it's all that's left for those with limited skills and opportunities. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy with the stupid rhetoric, Dude. I'm doing it, too, only I've done much better than the other rep. The pain creams are anything but snake oil and I've added years and years of income to my earnings over the last couple of years. Apparently, my skills are pretty sharp. And I don't need luck. I make my own. You wouldn't understand, as you've spent your miserable "career" sucking from the corporate tit, pretending to actually be earning it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid If I was still at Merck. Miserable if I was awaitng another layoff knocking on doors like a fuller brush man begging for cream business. You wouldn't understand. I had a better plan than that. It was a little better thought out than lying everyday about what I was doing while running a glorified lemonade stand. But again, good luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't get it. I'm no longer miserable. No longer waiting on anything. I've never been happier in my work, despite the fact that my Merck job is a toxic sh!thole. My plan delivered over $370,000 in income last year. Less than one-third of that was Merck's contribution:) That's one hell of a lemonade stand, huh? But again, I don't need luck. I just get the job done. I can't fake my way through the pain cream sales, like you faked your way through your Merck "career" (laughable). Remember, I know what a joke you are. No point in pretending to be something more...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that why you post at 1:30 in the morning? Just look at yourself. You have money but not an ounce of joy. That number is just on a computer screen. You are real. It's pretty sad. You post because you are so bitter. What do you plan to accomplish by posting at a site that you have no linkage too anymore. That poor king, prince, and princess. I am sure you make their life's a horrible existence. At least we can go to a different web page. They are stuck with you.

You should be proud.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, and there's a bridge in Brooklyn....not buying that number. Why stay in the " toxic sh!t hole? If you are selling that much cream working 10 hours a week? Because as big as you think your fictions number is you still can't pay your own insurance, taxes, car, expenses...and you have no in with customers without " Merck" on your card, and, by the admissions on this thread, the income is unstable with re-imbursments for the over priced snake oil going away. " Do not pass 'Go' do not collect $ 200." You still need Merck.
    Ironically yesterday was the 66th anniversary of the novel " 1984." " Slavery is freedom."
    And knee jerk reactions to employment you hate is not a plan.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now I'm posting at 1:30 pm. Who really cares? Last night I had an absolutely splendid time with some friends visiting from out of town. It was joyful. Not Bitter. Just like you are incredibly dumb. Not smart. It's your miserable life that should concern you; ours has never been better.

You are a sad, sorry little shell of a man. A fake career that's one big lie and nothing else to list as an accomplishment will do that to you, I guess. Let it go, Mr. Bitterman. Let it go.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the second time, Dummy, I sell pain cream about 10 hours PER MONTH! And I remain in this toxic sh!thole because it's glorious to make six figures from a company for which I care not an ounce. I'll take it until the cows come home, with a smile.

Oh, and I heaven't ever "needed" Merck. Not even when I was newly hired. As for the "Merck" on my business card, it's possibly the most embarrassing thing I have ever had to endure. But endure it I shall;) Ka Ching!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm out of work I'll admit it ;)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, zip-a-do-da and good for you. What was your point again? Oh, yeah it was how you depend on Merck for a third of your income. Don't work for Merck anymore, not awaiting a layoff, not pushing a placebo effect patent medicine. When you get laid off and the cream gig dries up( pun intended) you can stock condoms in men's rooms for gas stations for all anyone cares. Such is, by all appearances your " career". Regardless what's on your business card.