Merck Scientist went all Breaking Bad.

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2015/06/springfield_scientist_made_club_drug_prosecutor_sa.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

A senior scientist a Merck pharmaceuticals now faces drug charges after receiving a large delivery of a chemical commonly used to synthesize gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, commonly known as the club drug GHB, at his home, authorities said.

Kurt Romondt, 44, of Springfield, was arrested at his house Thursday and charged with maintaining a controlled dangerous substance production facility, a first-degree crime, said acting Union County Prosecutor Grace Park said today.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Schering plough garbage. I know him.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure he is not the only one. The house of cards will fall. I do admire his capitalistic spirit. The only thing with such great margins are makeup and perfumes

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That article is wrong. SP had no scientists. Just a guy named holo that banged the QA trash.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the record, this is not a MRL employee. He is a MMD employee.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This may have been the most productive Merck employee in the last 20 years. At least he was the most inventive with upmost ingenuity. Something Merck lacks today. He is a self started and self motivated employee.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw him on the 11 o'clock news last night. He is a strange looking guy. Apparently he is into cash off the books. Innovative but stupid not to mention the sentence will be worse than working.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is worst? him or his Employer "Merck"
    It is a corrupted world; Mr. Romondt made a mistake for sure, but there are many more people who work at Merck that are much worse than he is. Merck killed and harmed many people by selling "Vioxx"; no one was procecuted and top executives got rich from it. As far as I know, I do not think he caused any one to die, and he is far more decent than most top level management at Merck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone making a "date rape drug" has evil intent.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incorrect, he has monetary incentive.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the matter, Merck is not paying these guys the minimum wage? If these are the kind of people Merck hires, it makes you wonder about everyone else working there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Immediate monetary incentive with a future evil intent. Disgraceful.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are still watching the management at Merck; what are they going to do to cleane up that department?
    There are many garbage just like him who got hired years ago with him at Kenilworth; those people are even worse than he is; they do nothing but wicked, evel and backstabbing. Why don't they start by firing the managers; but that is unlikely. It is simple: a corrupted corporation that values corruption than decency and honesty; those garbage are more valuable to Merck than knowledgable and honest people.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nailed it!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nailed you !

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck must be the one that supplied the lab equipment used to manufacture the drug at his house; I am very certain he took this equipment from the R&D lab he was working in. So, is he facing a theft charges as well ?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is just trying to add things to the pipeline! (lord knows research isn't)

Anyone remember there was a guy at Smith-Kline who used their pilot plant to make meth?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think Merck will have many choices but to remove a good number of people. Either many people knew what was happening or they were too stupid to know shat was going on. This is a public relations nightmare. Something like this can move in any direction both criminally and civilly. He was not a new employee. This is not a slap on the wrist. Also the state will make more money going after Merck. This was a pretty big operation. Even if there was a small chance of being associated with this guy you are done at Merck. Plus he will give up everyone and anything to get a reduced sentence. If you are a scientist in kenilworth you are done. Merck will use the scorched earth policy on this one. They have no choice. You do know what a schedule 1 drug is. Being a rep is not that bad after all. :)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just shows the caliber and morals of the people left from the layoffs!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I can write to the great scientists is:
    Na na na na
    Na na na na
    Hey hey hey
    Goodbye