Retirement Eligible Bridged Healthcare

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody care to share what they pay with their year of service?

Sure bet its different than the bridged amount for the younger.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems the Merck retirement crowd either have dementia...or they got totally screwed out of their health insurance. Amazing that not one grey has answered the poster.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares? Stupid topic.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

23 years service at bridge in 2010. Retiree healthcare at $400/month now. No dental, no vision.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good to know. That says it all...major screw job given to those who lost that bridge by a whisper....most are on Obamacare now, that disaster had major costs and is crap..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retired 3 years ago at 55, 18 years of service. $800 medical only for 2 people. I think it works out to be a 40% discount as same plan on open market for my wife and I is $1200/mo. Hope that helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obamacare. $580 monthly per adult (mid range plan), 6600 deductible. Bad doctors. Crappy. No dental. No vision.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need 10 years and turn 52 by the end of 2015 for a bridge to 55 for medical.

Probably be 53 next year, 54 the next, until healthcare bridging goes away all together. It's garbage insurance anyway.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That $400 was for just myself. It started out in 2010 around $310 and included dental. BCBS w/$500 deductible. ExpressScripts for Pharmacy. Merck drugs and at the time, Astra drugs were free, most of that has gone away. Dental ended a couple years later as well as basic life ins.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All benefits were reduced after Schering merger. Over five years later, trying to figure out how the merger was a benefit to Merck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retiree benefits will never get better. The only thing keeping them around is that the senior leader relatives and friends who work at the company will need them. if not for nepotism, there would be none at all!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2014 Bridged

Family plan is about $800/month includes dental, at $100/month for family coinsurance $3000 deductible then 80% plus co-pays. Express Scripts for drugs. Don't know if Merck drugs are free as the ones I am on are generic and not made by them.

I have bad teeth so one has to cost out whether dental is worth it as the max payout is $1500/person. Have a kid in college and the college requires some sort of dental insurance for students. I have to go on the market and see if there are better deals.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck drugs are free if you stay with Merck's Medical Plan. If you decide to use Obamacare than you will loose that benefits. For everyone I know who separated in 2013 and were bridged, cost per person without dental is $400 monthly.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's expensive. I retired from another major pharma company and as I am single my monthly for dental and medical is $150. I realize I am blessed and that it will go up in the years to come as it will me by secondary after Medicare.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy Cow!!

Incredible!

Was quoted almost $800 a month and high deductible without the sacred retirement bridge..

Now on Obamacare....and wishin' things were different. Big *$&!! deductible and almost $500 premium for each one of us...

Slip, fall or or catch anything it's a near financial disaster...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all you brain dead, the Employer Mandate hits in 2016. Merck and all others will cancel all medical benefits and you will be forced into obamafraud.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt it but we will see as there is usually way in advance notice of such things.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are not 52 with 10 years service, you are screwed.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, you can be in your 60s and get screwed!!!

There are folks here who were conveniently and royally screwed. No healthcare and no hitting the mighty pension mark...They left with empty pockets and a boot imprint on the rear!

Ya think it was a little snafu? No way!

Merck excels at masterful calibrations!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many got screwed, but many left with bags of gold. Lump sums for those in late 50's well into 7 figures. Allot of money for doing very little.