Mass Exodus Starting

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the idiot if you don't think tons of people have left. Oncology was paying retention bonuses before the Novartis deal to keep people who were leaving because of PF and going to BI. What division are you in and where?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you "out" people that leave because they're sick of PF? This isn't passing the smell test.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow I see I struck a nerve. More BS. It's not a secret of course but the preference is to leave quietly if possible and get settled in with the new job first and then go public with it. So many are leaving that people are losing track of who stays and who goes.

It's becoming a desperate industry and people want out of GSK bad so it's risky to be talking about your new job before you get there. You never know who could try and sabotage your new gig in an attempt to get it themselves or help out a friend. Your responses are beyond lame and anyone who goes public with a new job before they get there is being risky and stupid.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stirring up a big batch of that GSK- Kool Aid and it smells good

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"...you open you pinhole..." too funny. What a maroon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anything, I think that we're getting ready to copy Pfizer and Merck (yet again) and are starting to thin the herd.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt if there was a bloodbath, have not heard any details on this , I am sure it was made up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, three here in Ohio, and they say managed out is worse than being fired. Severance was pitiful.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess: they were all not members of GSK new protected class, right? Well I'm sorry, but thats what they get for not filing with EEOC like the we did down here. None of us have been touched!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well aren't you a special one........from the gimme generation I'm sure......entitlements also are out there if you just look around !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What exactly does "managed out" usually mean, and how is that different than being fired?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It may take weeks or months, but the manager starts telling you that you may need more training, not keeping up with the younger reps, need more calls per day, need to rework many expense reports, call you for ride alongs/work contacts at 6AM, saying another rep was sick, asking you to make special reports on past data and calls, many unplanned last minute breakfast meets with the boss or regional manager, etc.

Enough to make you feel unwanted, and the manager may even come out and ask you to look at retirement[ LIKE HAPPENED TO ME IN RTP AREA ] ! You will know it when it happens......they are not very smoothe in handling this underhanded tactic.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because they no longer care about their people. We are nothing but trash in their eyes and we are treated as such. I've never seen a company treat their people this badly. They would love it if half of us left. They are trying to create conditions that will promote a mass exodus wich saves them on severances. A pretty disgusting way to operate a major corporation. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they just cut who they needed to cut and paid out the packages. It would save both sides a lot of headaches. They are too short sighted to see this unfortunately so we are stuck with this cluster we call PF. company is run by amateurs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you have to do is tread water longer than they can make it rain.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't have any friends (like I do) at other companies, just look at other company CP sites. Because of the tremendous downsizing over the past 5 years, the drying up of pipelines, and reduced access, morale is as low industry-wide as it ever has been in my 15 years.

But guess what? Morale is much, much at the CSOs and the unemployment line. Bitch and moan all you want, but be smart and start prepping for another career WHILE YOU'RE STILL EMPLOYED HERE. I have too many friends at some of those contract places and they have some real horror stories. If you're not going to plan for your next career while our company is OBVIOUSLY looking to downsize us, blame yourself when sh&t hits the fan and you're out of work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please make the cams go away......worthless

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said Post#56. Problem is, who is going to leave a job that pays over six figures with a car, retirement, and health benefits. Throw in a minimum of 3 week vacation plus a week at x-mas. Very tough to leave. Seriously, take a look at how poorly the company has treated the rank & file. Tests where you can't see the results, an MCE cluster of a sales model, and COTs that even a Phd cannot figure out. Then throw in crazy call measures that are impossible to attain.

Something else that stands out ( no offense intended, just the truth) are many of the women who we have employed. The pure epitome of lazy! Dropping the kids off at school, then off to the gym. They make one call then cater a lunch. After that one more call before picking the kids up at 3pm. Check out their sick days. They max them out every year and typically take them on a Friday or Monday. Think I'm exaggerating? Do your own informal survey of the women on your team...I'm spot on without even knowing who they are. If they have children from 1 month to 15 years of age, this is the scenario for 90% of the ladies we employ. Check this out..Ever notice how most working mothers 35 years and older look a little frumpy? In Pharma most women still have nice figures (almost all with breast enhancements) but they are not overweight. Why would this be? They aint working, they're working out! It's a joke!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck getting anything changed about the abuse of the system by our "sisters". But have no fear: that type of behavior is well known outside of our industry, because so many people that you describe have been cut, and for a short time were getting picked up by other industries. No longer. Who the hell needs a 10 to 12 and 1 to 3:30 sample dropper making over 90 grand? Mark my words, in 2016 there will be much fewer of us here. Yeah, they'll blame Obama, they'll blame Patient First, they'll blame DC's ineptitude. WHATEV! We're too big, and our job too easy at that price point. If they cut us all, they could fill our slots with people fired from Sanofi, Merck, Pfizer 5 years ago who would be happy to do what we do/did and make $83,000.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Something else that stands out ( no offense intended, just the truth) are many of the women who we have employed. The pure epitome of lazy! Dropping the kids off at school, then off to the gym. They make one call then cater a lunch. After that one more call before picking the kids up at 3pm. Check out their sick days. They max them out every year and typically take them on a Friday or Monday. Think I'm exaggerating? Do your own informal survey of the women on your team...I'm spot on without even knowing who they are. If they have children from 1 month to 15 years of age, this is the scenario for 90% of the ladies we employ. Check this out..Ever notice how most working mothers 35 years and older look a little frumpy? In Pharma most women still have nice figures (almost all with breast enhancements) but they are not overweight. Why would this be? They aint working, they're working out! It's a joke!"

Dead on, my friend, dead on! It's just as bad in-building. The female execs come in at 9:30 (on the days they come in at all as most live in New Jersey and show up at the NY or UP maybe once a week), and when they do come in, they just stroll around and chat, complain about their decorators and nannies, grab a salad down in the caf, and then pack up to pick up little Bobby and Brittany at day care or school at 2:45.

In in-building exodus is just as bad. Good riddance though to the Oncology flunkies who somehow, some way, managed to fuck up Tafinlar and Mekinist. hint-hint: Novartis doesn't want you either.