Describe a typical day?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder you Reps are dropping like flys ! Look at the ridiculous posts in response to a bogus post You fools won't be laughing when the check stops Just wait and see It will be real soon

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a great call for most..actually saw doc (down the hall), witness sig! gave a nod (commmunicated)..

How about the FIDO calls...you know, drive into parking lot knowing you'll never get past the window..see docs cars parked near back entrance..what to do?? 'F' It Drive Off, that's a call.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Handicap has dropped from 12 to 7.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or just sneakily quizzing the receptionist about whose in. Then walking out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FIDO calls? I've been in this business a long time. I've never heard that term before, but I love it.

One day soon, the whole world is going to know that what most of us do all day every day has been a sham. Can you imagine how horrified the AMA and the American public would be if someone secretly videoed large offices and parking lots across the country and broadcast a typical day for thousands of us?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey #25, Why would the AMA or for that matter anyone outside of GSK care what is going on? Do you really care how Doctor's Office staff spend their time? I am curious, as I have seen this type of juvenile retort posted before, with the same reaction. Who outside of GSK should even care!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll go slowly. We. claim. that. the. reason. that. our. drugs. are. so. expensive. is. because. we. spend. so. much. in R&D.

But. the. data. are. clear. that. marketing. expenses. (including US). is. the. #. 1. expense.

So, if everyone saw that people making $100,000 actually a) have 4 other back-ups calling on the same office and b) actually do very little, other than spew marketing messages for 20 seconds, 4 times a day, they will hit the fan.

But don't believe me. Please look it up yourself. Our way of life is coming to an end, and most of my colleagues are gonna end up begging Publicis Touchpoint or InVentiv for a $70,000 a year contract job. Damned Obamacare is gonna kick in next year, and we will see a whole new world.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the update. Move on loser!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're wasting your time. Remember your audience.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Specialty reps have it tougher..bigger territories these days, more windshield time.....

Get up..check emails earlier, shoot out few replies before 8AM shows your on the ball early...
    kids off to school, laundry done, errand ran...call office, remind them you're coming, call restaurant to make sure they'll be there at noon.

Travel mug, sat.radio and 1 1/2 hr drive to your office lunch with 6 providors..lunch pretty much the same as it was 3 weeks ago, caught only 4 of the docs over some pasta salad..back in car at 1:30 pm, 1 1/2 hr drive home...still in time to grab kids now that their in jr. high....after dinner , check emails , get ready for the next day..working close to home...so will have to make a dreaded primary care doc call to keep the activity factor up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You left out order extra food, split up the meals at trunk side for your home for the next 2 nights and what your feeding the little hogs at your appointment. When I was a rep it was great, if your still doing this you have no self worth and are a complete dodgeball head. Drug rep pin used to be a career, now it's a place you go to be a huge cheese ball. It's almost over, funny to watch from a distance.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHY NOT LEAVE? You don't want to work so you just stay and bitch. LeAVE.. Try to find another job? I'm so sick of seeing GSK post their crap. They are too lazy to find another job making less money and having to work. Most GSK reps do not do much of anything.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Typical Day Described

We get up at twelve
    and start to work at one
    take an hour for lunch
    and then at two we're done...
    GSK FUN!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently, you are not that bright to realize it was sarcasm. I suggest you read it again.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do a literal call, I call the dr name from my car. I called his name. Didn't answer. Result: I called. Book it. Amazes me that home office peeps in these pharma cos actually think hcp's have so little to do thT they just wait for reps all day. Even worse are the crm vendors circle jerking home office folks about metrics. It's turned me into a fido rep.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My wife and I usually go to bed about 10 - 11:00 PM, and get up around 6:30 AM. We eat a little breakfast, get showered and shaved. and go to work around 8:00AM. I usually make some hospital and pharmacy calls. After 9:00AM , I start calling on docs...hopefully four or five before my luncheon. I always plan the lunch with a caterer the day before. About 11:25AM I start setting up in the doctor's lunchroom with all the literature neatly spread out for all to see and read.

I make any notes from the physicians requuests, and deliver needed literature or samples to each cubicle in the clinic as needed . By then it is about 1:45PM, and I run and grab a burger for lunch......it is not polite or business-like to eat in front of the providers while I am selling ! During this down time with my burger or hot dog....I catch up on my GSK computer and look at my pre-planned call schedule. I usually have enough time to run across town to another key office.....by this time I have about 14-15 physician calls counting the luncheon.

So on, and on making key calls until about 6:00 PM I know my best prescribers run over by the hospital after work, so I stop by the doctor's entrance with treats. Before going home about 7:00PM , I stop by the local Starbucks to place my order for the early morning coffee assortments that I will deliver to another important office early the next day.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Legacy Glaxo here, and this is exactly how it used to be, back when we sold Fortaz against Piperacil, Cefobid, Claforan+gent., Rocephin + Aztreonam, Primaxin, and Timentin. The biggest difference was that we didn't have to feed the office staff for lunch…..and that we could stop in to see our customers WITHOUT bringing a lunch! Once we joined the rest of the industry by switching to the share of voice model, those days came to a close.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, hoping to get another gray hair on deck.......yep, back then we were lucky to buy a box of doughnuts for an office.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is even more funny is that you are now the guy working the counter where the drug reps come to pick up the food. At least you have that nice little tip jar going for you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No sorry little fella. I was one of the whistleblowers that cost the company $3 billion, and brought about all this PF dung. Shortly after doing that, you may have been accurate, but now I'm living large. It will be a great Christmas for me and mine! Let me give you a tip now, GSK is a bad company run by bad people, you should get out while you can on your terms. Ciao!