Leaving a Pharma job for a GSK Vaccines position

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2014 at 9:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it worth leaving my comfortable pharma job for a position with GSK Vaccines? My worry are your tests, simulations etc.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely, best run company in the industry and job security is one of the greatest attributes is gsk. You will love our upper management staff who are the unquestionably the most talented in the industry. You will also enjoy our patient first model that is an industry innovation that uniquely put all our focus and attention to helping the patient and providers. You are going to most likely hear a lot of negative non-sense from all the disgruntled non working idiots that hang out here, just pay them no attention. Good luck and hope you choose GSK.

Oh and PS, if you do sign with GSK be sure to go to you nearest EEOC office and meet the staff investigators and go ahead and get all the paperwork necessary to file discriminations claims and this should save you quite a bit of time in the future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people reportedly get bonus points on the tests

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask to be on Team Ebola! People are dying to be part of the Team!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my friend, would be making the biggest mistake of your life. Many years ago, this was a great company. Now it's a complete mess. Kills me to say that. No job is perfect, but a job with GSK is far from enjoyable or rewarding at this time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not unless you're company is laying off this year instead of next year.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely do not make the move. I did that and was so excited to make the change. Excelled in pharma, national boards, projects, awards etc only to come to vaccines and be treated very poorly. There is a culture in vaccines internally that people from pharma don't have a clue. I actually had someone say to me that people from pharma do not do well in vaccines. That was the reception I received when I came. Like the role day to day and it really is more challenging. However, add in the patient first program, if you do not excel in system you can not get promoted, good raises or recognition. It absolutely does not matter in the sales model if you are number one (which I have been sales wise) if you can't figure out the incentive program which is a huge mess. Everything is subjective from management perspective. My colleagues are very candid about their feelings in this program which is that it is completely manipulated by management to reward those they choose. ABSOLUTELY does not matter if you kill sales numbers here. Finally the number of vaccines that you have to be certified on every two years is teetering around 15-16. Pharma you may have 3 products to certify on. This means CONSTANT testing. It is utterly exhausting, and will exhaust your family, friends and you! On the surface if you look at pay it looks pretty good...the reality is if you broke out the hours particularly on evening and weekends we are undoubtedly under compensated. I wish I never made the switch from pharma. Biggest mistake of my career. Run while you can.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad truth of GSK vaccines is it is run by the old SKB crowd or those that grew up in vaccines years ago. That translates to low COT scores because RSD needs to grade on a curve or they lose their job. Simply said, the culture is stacked against whoever comes in without those contacts. you will be rated low irregardless of how good you are as a representative.