Novel Idea/Keep it Simple

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of all these multiple teams stepping on one another…pharmacy liaisons, CMLs, RCEs, Hospital reps, CAMs, field reps, plus all the F..in managers (1 mgr per 8 reps..really this just makes them babysitters) - Give a rep/account manager a territory and product portfolio - Territory could be zip code driven, city driven, whatever and say this is your "universe" and you own it - success or failure - if the territory fails then we don't need you. I have watched all this overlapping BS for 3+ years now and have to ask what the Harvard MBA model has returned to GSK?

Can an account rep not call on the pharmacies he drives by every day? Can they not show customers how to go to a website to find non-branded resources? Are they not capable of demonstrating appropriate device use and disease education? We are suppose to have the most capable sales team in America post patient first model yet our reps are so dumbed down it is no wonder our customers don't see value.

Removing financial indicators (i.e. sales) from the equation is the DUMBEST model ever! Are hospital executives, practice managers, doctors, not paid on financial performance? Give us a break with all this feel goody not paid on scripts BS.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of this goes back to the CIA. GSK and others had to submit or be run out of business. Be the best you can be. Master the way you are measured and move on.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Master the way we are measured? It cannot be done honestly without putting your career/job in jeopardy, and that is not an exaggeration. GSK does not know how to appopriately evaluate its sales force. "Survival of the fittest" in GSK World requires serious compromise of character.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep my manager happy during ride around visits, have my PF stuff underway, and pick the kids up at 2:45. I got it and I manage to make tennis club by 5. If we just didn't have these insane meetings and launches I could manage to play tennis more. I mean it never ceases to fail - meeting falls during a tennis tournament. I don't get it.
    I love doing the PF model bc I don't sell anything but myself to offices and look good doing it. Maybe real estate next step!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent point -- most, if not all, of the "tools" that are now given to pharmacy team as well as to the CML, and device educators was done by the reps to the appropriate customers in a territory. This is certainly not meant as a knock on the people in those positions, but more of a question as to why it had to all be taken away from the reps. Representatives now have less to offer their customers than before. Having to bring in another person to do what the reps had done before is not simplification, but confusion. It also makes the rep less valuable to the customer. If they had to answer on the customer value survey -"does your GSK rep answer all your questions" - it's a fuzzy "yes" answer.