Describe a typical day?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are your days weeks like? From a diff company just curious to see what it's like on the gsk side.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I leave home, I head to Starbucks so that I can make posts on CP about how miserable my job is. Later on, I head over to the mall and walk around a bit. Soon it is lunch time and I use the food court wifi to make posts about how horrible this company is. In the afternoon, I do a couple sample drops and then head for home. I then spend a good part of the remaining time of the day and night posting additional comments on CP about what I hate and who I hate at GSK.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you this, management from the top down is totally removed and disconnected from the field. They have no idea (seriously) what it takes to be a field sales rep. I can give you a ton of examples. just watch how this thread grows. You will read plenty about how poor our leadership is with this organization.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every day is like a snowflake; how to describe the indescribable?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure you will fill this thread up just like the rest.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyday is like Sunday
    Everyday is silent and gray...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post Number 8-You must be a CAM, ICT, IDN, HSA, RCE, or one of the other groups who have no accountability. I on the other side out working to achieve the frequency and pounding the pavement. I actually put in a full days work.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shop for black electrical tape to cover the camera on my iPad and some cotton to muffle the microphone.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real typical day:
    head out (you know your 'routing' - like a milkman) before 9AM ..plan on getting a 'signature' call early at a fairly easy office..check in, maybe wait for the other rep..toss a few boxes, sit back down and wait to get back signature or stand 'nearby' to see signature and wave...Success! signature call, time stamped 9:37 AM! Put down a couple more detail only calls (its a small group practice)..
    ..head over to the Big House (you know the one with 15 IM docs, 7 FPs, speciality, PA, NPs and 3-4 floors), they only see reps between 10 -2, Tue-Thr., gotta check in with security, get a badge thingy, promise to be nice...this is a target rich environment, time to move market share!..unfortunately, the lowly PA or NPs are assigned on a rotating basis to sign for samples..fortunately their on target list..so get 1 signature call..but down 2 more detail only calls..what's the call count now? 6 calls with 2 signatures...check the calendar in sample closet yep! you and 4 other counterparts got lunch in 5 more weeks here!

..head to counterparts lunch (small office, classic office cows demanding to be fed, docs nice enough but barely write anything but generic aspirin) show up , grab a bottle water, get lucky, docs actually showed up .. 2 signatures with deep discussion (not really but sounds good)... 8 calls in and its barely past 1pm!

Run some errands, stop by house, drop by pharmacy pickup some gum and put it down as call. 2:30ish stop by that sketchy office on the wrong side of tracks..(think how much money the Endo rep must make out of this place) quick call, be sure to santize hands after leaving that place...head to school get kids, home , maybe input 1 more call at 4:05 detail only (you know not to overdo those)..

After 6pm input calls check some email,, that's pretty much it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a miserable existence. just end it already. Find some dirt and turn this company in for it. Heck I got 35 million, now my typical day is wake up, jump in my Porsche head to the gym, then off to the country club for lunch maybe tennis, maybe round of golf. Home shower, the staff has dinner prepared. That's when I'm in town. When I want to travel, which I do a lot of, call execujet , meet them at the executive airport, nice glass of Belvadere Vodka on the rocks, smoke a bowl of killer bud and arrive at my destination. Limo from Four Seasons picks me up and it's days of site seeing and enjoying life. Fitting a spa day in from time to time. I sincerely appreciate the life I have now. Thanks PK, MS, SECURITY AND HR! Guess I'll be seeing you guys in Boston at the court house soon for this last suit. I can't wait!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost as miserable as your life in which you make up a bunch of lies and post them on CP.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is pretty close to real world, at least in our part of the country. Based on the reps here, it's not really much different for anyone in the diabetes market. 2-3 signatures, 5-7 detail only's. Notice I said nothing about real, honest-to-goodness sales calls. Here, those things are like that Red Wolf in Mexico, or an albino tiger in the wild. You HEAR that they exist, but "aint nobody seen one 'round these parts in a good long time. "

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the witness and wave is common? Making sure cause I feel crazy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey believe whatever you want. If that helps you make it through your miserable little existence, so be it! I'm laughing on my way to the bank. Ciao.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's right. Make up your little stories if it helps. I know life it tough for you. No worries. I will leave you with a few extra bucks next time I swing by the car wash. Just make sure you do a better job drying off the car next time. I don't like the water spots.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see your working hard this weekend PR Boy. Do they pay you overtime after a certain number of posts? They should lay you off on Dec 3rd because you are worthless. Keep fighting the good fight little man!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't you know it. It is the board troll using one of his tired lines he uses on everyone, while he works towards getting in his 1000 post quota over the weekend. We are so lucky to have him on patrol 24/7.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I usually put in about 50% fake calls. I always try to have a early/late sig thrown in several times a week to keep them happy. 50% fake calls is about right per day.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not for lack of effort, mind you. Access is a reality we cannot escape.