How soon will packages be offered?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will this be done berfore the year end? Any one have any info here?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12-3-14

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will they move that quick?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am curious also as I am on the bubble as to whether or not I would take it. Guess I had better start looking serously at the possibility as I know last time you had less than a week to decide.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No formal announcement until 2015. Deirdre will unveil a generic "re-org" statement on Dec 3rd. No real specifics other than a basic timeline and total cost savings number. Sit tight until late January or February. If they do offer early retirement you will have no more than two weeks notice. (that's the historical trend). If you are at that magic number of 75, you would be a fool not to take it. This company is not going to get any better. Take the package and find another job. Even if it is a pay cut. You will be more than fine. Best of luck to all!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If packages are coming would it not make sense to exercise them before year end. If you wait til the new year the company will be paying for 2015 vacation time and a lot of older "packageable employees" have a lot of vacation time that they could also claim. Just a thought?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12-3-14 will initiate the new package/severance plan....better hurry !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vacation time is prorated.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vacation time is now paid out on an accrual basis (e.g. if you've worked til the end of January, you get paid for 1/12 of your untaken vacation). Ignore the clown who keeps amusing herself with endless posts about a new severance policy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you that as of last year this was BS. I left and was paid for all vacation time plus the two weeks. Two separate checks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, anyone out there with insider information know if packages are coming or not? I kind of think the subject will be brought up when Jorge does his TC at 5:00.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

new one comes 12-3-14......we can't afford the old policy with so many leaving .....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good source or just conjexture?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll ignore your Q , since you are not pharmaceutical material......."conjexture" ? Really ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen school mom, this is about a serious issue and if you have nothing to offer, go somewhere else. There are too many asses that make cafe pharma not worth reading. Obviously you are one of them, so go away. So once again talking to adults out there, what is fact and what is fiction?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bite me Pilgram!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Difficult to know, but gsk set up to sell about 3 billion euros in bonds yesterday. Perhaps to cover the upfront charge of downsizing? Any adults out there who know more about these things than I do?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sale of bonds is normal. Companies have to continue to refinance debt. If you watch the quarter over quarter comparison on long term debt, you will see that it stays about the same.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see now, hmm? We have to go into "Workday" and make sure all of our personal info is correct, such as hire date, hmmm? Must be done by November 30. DD's teleconference is ec 3rd at which time the wheels start turning. Makes sense that we validate info before packages are sent out so as to send out to the right people, right age, right hire date etc. Just wondering?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As guy above said this is just rebalancing debt using the current low price of money in Eurozone.

As for restructuring costs - there will be plenty of cash at hand from Novartis deal - around 11 billion.