Best post to sum it up

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"This is the main reason everyone has anxiety. Fear of losing their jobs. Shows how one person or small group of individuals can affect thousands of people. There will be layoffs next year. It will impact everyone. R&D, Commercial Opps, and administrative jobs. Management as well as the rank and files employee will be impacted. Why are the people who were responsible for this not punished? Hell, how about a good old fashioned PIP...at least. Just goes to show you how $hit rolls down hill and how egotistical and uncaring our leaders appear to be. Please read this:

While there is always equal blame to go around, i.e. managed care and sales reps execution, this situation regarding Advair, falls directly on Jack B., Mark Johnson, Rob Yagt, Tom Scales. In spring, summer and fall of 2012, the ESI team was in very contentious negotiations with ESI. ESI negotiations team was lead by the former Medco team, Ed A. and Jason. The ESI/Medco team asked that rebates simply be aligned between the two PBMs now that they were ONE organization. In other words, bring the ESI rebates up to the Medco rebates and the negotiations would be over and Advair would be secured thru 2015. In addition, the ESI team asked and received confirmation that ESI/Medco would give priority review to Breo when it was launched.(not to be confused with a guarantee formulary placement). Additionally, Lovaza, Jalyn and Avodart were protected with little incremental investment. All toll, the cost to protect the franchise was an incremental $20m-$22 in rebates.

Not only did the above mentioned senior leaders say NO....they wanted to PULL BACK rebates to the tune of $5m. Thats right, the brain trust wanted to money back despite the fact that the new PBM was providing pharmacy benefits to approximately 80m-100m(depending on how you count it) individuals.

As any one could predict, their was a meltdown in Franklin Lakes NJ. Eddie A and Jason informed GSK they were going to move against Advair beginning in 2014 and it would be painful for the organization. The above mentioned leaders were just simply belligerent. They indicated in no uncertain terms that ESI leadership had no idea what they were doing and how much disruption and patient unrest this would cause. Adding, that "advair has 85% market share and there is no way Symbicort or Dulera would pick up the slack.

The negotiations went back and forth for the entire 2012 period. It was reported that negotiation even went on in 2013 for a bit. However the arrogance and recklessness of the senior leaders was only surpassed by their ignorance of the managed care marketplace. They gentleman had no idea what they were doing. However, if you were to ask them, because they had done such a stellar job at Lilly, they knew what they were doing. After all, they were akin to, as was depicted in the CNBC expose on Enron, "The smartest guys in the room".

They were warned that not only could ESI do this, BUT THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO THIS! They were simply incompetent.

Read the Bloomburg news story today....even the analyst, James Hay hints at the incompetence of management.

How these gentleman have jobs when they cost GSK and its shareholders more $300m dollars in lost sales of Advair alone, is stunning.

I am no rocket scientist but investing $20-$22m to protect $300-$400m seems to be a good ROI. But you alway have Patient First...yeah thats a great ROI.

Amazing how any of them still have their jobs"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe that this could be true, because it appears to me to violate the ethic of putting the patient first. It would, however, explain some of the outrage that I am seeing in commentaries:
    "Yes, GlaxoSmithKline sells Advair for 1/5 the price in Paris, and if you try to bring that Advair home with you, and Customs finds it, it will be confiscated “for your own protection.” Because, apparently GlaxoSmithKline is such a dangerous company that we can’t trust the drugs they manufacture in Europe, but they’re such a great company that we can trust the drugs they manufacture in America, and pay five times the price for them!

The word “obscene” doesn’t begin to describe what GlaxoSmithKline, and far too many other pharmaceutical companies, are doing to American consumers.

So, while I’ve found that Advair is the drug that works best on my asthma, I’m willing to see the drug virtually banned in America. I hope GlaxoSmithKline goes down in flames."

http://americablog.com/2014/06/advair-sales-plummet-insurance-companies-refuse-pay-obscenely-overpriced-drug.html

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does diedre still have her job? What a slap in the face that she will be delivering the lay-offs announcement Dec 3.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"...because they had done such a stellar job at Lilly...". What are they on? The whole lot of them left the place in RUIN!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #5: you are a loser with some money, nothing more. If you think that I possess any jealousy, it only illustrates the degree to which you are warped.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you still have your job, since you spend most of your days posting on this board instead of working.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are the one posting during working hours. that person posted at night. you are a dope

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sick day, holiday, vacation day,...could be on a conference call and multitasking. Lot's of viable reasons for being able to post during the middle of the day.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not the best post. probably the best post of a stupid idiot

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fired and unemployed sums it up

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually taking a vacation day. Trying to use up my remaining days since we can't hold them over anymore. I don't have the time to post all day like you do during normal working days.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's even more lame that you are spending your vaction time on cafepharma. forget the dope comment- loser and pathetic would be more appropriate

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#16 in spite of your money you come across as rather pathetic, yet you are such a boasting a-hole that I cannot bring myself to pity you. Not convinced that you are happy - too smug.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wanted to thank JB for my package in advance of tomorrows call. 32 years in PPV. Hopefully, it will be 64 weeks , plus vacation . Should take effect March 1st.
    Hope your able to sleep at night with the lifes you are about to destroy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can anyone make that many grammar mistakes in a short sentence ? Obviously not a pharmaceutical person....probably just an uneducated kid playing on-line.

" your " should be " you're " [you are] .............a bright neon sign that one is uneducated.

------AND--------

" lifes " should be " lives " ........sign of a ghetto 8th grade education. so sad !

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also "so" should be capitalized Mr. Ghetto.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They sure did. We still have not recovered fully. Signed, Lilly.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's Exactly why ain't gonna fire you. You are safe. They gonna fire the youngins with 10 years. Sorry to let you down

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please resign JB

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The misread in his own customers by Jack Bailey is breathtaking. All ESI did was exactly what they said they were going to do, right to his face. And he thought he would call their bluff. Hmmm. I've heard that cost GSK about $500mm.