Thunderbeat

Discussion in 'Gyrus' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL check your contracts . How much is impact ? OUCH

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In EU ligasure is more expensive - like 600 for LS against 500 for TB euro per 1 lap scissors ~
    And still there are many -especially experienced- surgeons who just can't stand waiting for this: "beep-wait beep-hold on beep-one more second" sound from LS ;-))
    To be more serious: its just faster and more accurate in most of cases than LS and HS.

p.s.
    when you finished reading this text, LS is still cutting through...
    and cutting...

:)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the US, TB has been/is dead on arrival. Not much chatter on this site about it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's another device that cuts and seals tissue. Its the same mousetrap as a Ligasure, Harmonic, Enseal, Sonicision, or Gyrus. It just has a different method of doing it. Is it better? Perhaps its a little faster but can a doctor do the same thing with whatever is currently on the shelf? Absolutely. Do Materials Managers want another vessel sealer generator in their OR when their rooms are already stocked with Force Triads or Enseal/Harmonic Generators? Doubtful. Especially since they are unable to replace Focus or Impact for that matter.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the temp profile. TB is a blow torch

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why so quiet..... Is word getting out that the blades are melting off?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Temp profile is not any higher than HA so nothing to worry about. If seal only is used first as in LS then no heat at all

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quiet is good. Maybe you are thinking about Ligasure when talk of a "Blade" melting. Thunderbeat doesn't have a blade. Maybe check out the covidien or Medtronic board if looking for a device with a blade melting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blade, bottom jaw...my ass your face, what's the difference!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the sounds of this remark above, you probably don't know the difference between a blade and a jaw in surgery. They also say the use of swear words also shows lack of intelligence.
    The difference between cutting with a blade or cutting ultrasonically is called technology. It's reps like you, who do not know the difference between a blade and a jaw, that make my life in the OR a lot easier.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the pads never ever fall off the harmonic…. check maude report . Its 25 year old technology. Oh and thanks to all my ethicon reps for pre selling your new ace 7 . It's faster than Thunderbeat is what you guys are telling the docs in my area. This is getting fun…. love it when your competition talks about your product

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That 25 year old ultrasonic technology is the same technology incorporated into TB... Don't get too far over your skis junior... Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, is that thing still on the market? I didn't realize it because haven't seen or heard of one in any hospital for over a year.

My bad, I just assumed that product was pulled.

Good luck though. I guess?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that because Sonicision and Ligasure took all the business. Or do you have hospitals where Olympus bought the business and the docs are forced to use your shitty product even though they hate it. If that's the case, just a matter of time before they switch back

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny how this board was quiet for the past few months until covidien gets bought out by Medtronic. I wonder why all the buzz on Thunderbeat. Maybe some reps looking to jump ship and trying to spark something? Just my observation. I've seen Thunderbeat on a Sleeve, and I've the Ligasure(slow case, but its ok if Anastasia can bill), and I've seen sonocision(still oozing), no comparison!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen it used many times myself. Works well, but docs have to be extra careful not to touch any surrounding tissue because of the extremely high temp profile and potential to burn

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its simple. If a doc can have the skill to use harmonic they will love the TBEAT .

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can't believe that there is such a discussion over a bunch of me-too, commodity products.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love it how J&J are howling how hot TB is yet dont know TB heat profile. Yes it is an ultrasonic device and the doc is 'educated' to know enough he has an ultrasonic device in his hand. Use with caution!
    TB is faster and more heamostatic and thus reduces the exposure of heat to the tissue. On average TB cuts tissue in 2 secs where as harmonic 6 seconds. At a minimum of 140 degrees that is a lot of heat exposure to the nearby tissue.

Ligasure is slow and when surgeons get used to TB many surgeons will convert...it is happening now that these docs have now understood how the combination of the two technologies work.

J&J are fighting tooth and nail to save their market and thus only have the heat vitirol as their defence.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think?

Not what i have seen! I think you are being hopeful.....yes a few will go back but a very few!

You need to understand the Olympus versatility message! And i mean the Olympus brand, not limited to thunderbeat.