What is the future for Linvatec?

Discussion in 'Linvatec' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That will get more people to quit, which will help the company to keep getting smaller. That way, the company can keep going in the same direction it has been for the last 6 years.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an example of why we must be sold. Conmed is running us month to month or quarter by quarter. Because our revenue is not growing we must cut people, close facilities, slash RnD spending, cut salaries and bonus, anything to make the next quarters EPS number. This bonus cut is a clear sign that the first quarter revenue must have been bad, so we have got to cut peoples salaries, right after MTF was closed. We have got to get merged with a large company who doesn't need us to make the next quarters EPS estimate. If Conmed keeps us they will get rid of every employee and every facility until just the senior management remains. That's what is going here, a small group of senior managers and board members are trying anything to hang on to there golden gigs. If we have any hopes of a long term future we have to escape the Utica clan and get with a large ortho company who has some global marketing clout!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't take a genius to realize that if every other company spends more than us then we are going to lose share. How can any sane person expect to spend <4% on r&d and grow when every other larger competitor spends 4.5% plus.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever happened to the "trip of a lifetime" that was promised to the top sales Rep for 2013?!?!? I bet Joe D's idea of a trip of a lifetime is going to be somewhere in good ole sunny Florida. My guess is that it will just disappear and never be brought up again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would even know who the rep of the year was in 2013? It's not like a rep gets acknowledged for success in this organization. No communication, no sales annual sales meeting, so how would you know. All the so called area directors do is send out useless emails to the sales force, bragging if one of their reps sells a Y-Knot here or there. What a joke.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I've made my critical comments regarding the challenges of this company and the so called executive leadership. However, I would like to keep the comments on this board accurate, so - there have been official announcement send out and recently the winners of the President's Cup were announced along with the location of the trip. Agreed that the location was not as advertised but let's be accurate as that doesn't contribute to the true issues of what has been going on in this company. Your information is just not true - check your facts -

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happened to the 212 club? hahahaha. does anybody care in may who sold stuff in 2013.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what information is not true? The vacation of a lifetime? Sunny Florida? Joe D is an empty suit? Conmed will be sold by Q4? Does it really matter?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rubin S...Do I have to say anything else?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell! Sell! Sell!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was the OP (original poster) for this thread. I guess you guys proved me wrong in stating that we can't even keep a Cafepharma thread going!

Someone posted that I am just a whiner, but I can assure you that I put in many years with Linvatec, putting several new products through the maze that Linvatec calls new product development. This was no small task considering the lack of management direction, support, or vision (good vision for where market is going). I can't begin to recall the number of promising new products that were culled, to make way for some of the "turkeys" that management championed. Time and manpower devoted to correcting manufacturing problems and recalls also diverted resources from promising developments.

I finally did something about my disappointment with Linvatec, I left the company. I joined a medical device company that is growing and rewards employees financially and with recognition. Now I am just a Linvatec observer of the company's antics.

Amazing to me was the lack of accurate information about what many products cost to make. Found some data that was to high, and others where the standard cost was way to low. Someone needs to run Linvatec like a real business.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear there will be a big announcement by the end of the month.....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only question is who is going to be? ZMH, SYK, COV, who??????

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I hear there will be a big announcement by the end of the month....."

Really.....and how trust worthy is your source?? I believe there's a strong possibility that the company will be sold but let's not guess on a timeline unless you really know something and the probability of that is about zero -

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what the announcement is, but one is being planned.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably announcing more layoffs. Ha Ha!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So,,,,,is there a future for Linvatec......yes, as soon as they get bought by Stryker or some company that knows what they are doing.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would buy us for our technology?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you thought about it and considered market share or lack there of, companies like biomet & J&J. These companies would be a decent fit for many reasons. They would now be able to compete with Stryker on a more even playing field. Especially if you are trying to convert entire hospital systems to one vendor. I'm not saying it would be good to have linvawreck and my team but on paper it brings a lot to discuss. Now you can add old HD video, old metal sports implants, old battery power large bone power, arthroscopic pump that require a masters degree in engineering to make them work and my favorite half a$$ hip arthroscopy stuff.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling