Virginia Doctor indicted for fraud along with Ofx reps

Discussion in 'Orthofix' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From the DOJ press release:

"Michael Jenkins, a former Orthofix Territory Manager, has agreed to plead guilty to committing health care fraud."

I am guessing this was the rep. I did not know this guy. Anyone?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this Michael B Jenkins who owns medical distributorship in Maryland and DC?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Affirmative

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are comparing apples to oranges. orthofix did and admitted to the crimes. Good and bad in every organziation including the government. this story doesn't excuse orthofix's behavior though. And i agree with the person who said that reps are doing what they're told because the directives from from the top.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention, the Feds have data mining software and the ability to pinpoint origin of these posts. As the clock ticks on they'll be developing their case against you, no doubt. Sleep tight.LOL.

Anybody care to speculate on what caused Emmie to jump ship?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone believe's in their innocence, they should fight for it! You only have your name and reputation, nothing should keep you from ruining it. Look at Guerieri, Salzman, Fields, etc., they knew they did wrong, and they knew that there were so many people who could prove it. Those guys can never have the kind of careers that they once had. Everyone needs to take their medicine

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Emily jumped ship or was pushed over board. Either way somebody's head had to role over the late and fraudulent filings!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody ever think that this Dr was just trying to help a patient and not a rep?

If this dr was doing buy and bill and violating STARK it's one thing. If Dr was NOT doing a buy and bill program then the only thing in it for her was getting the patients bone completely healed and remodeled. Was the patient diabetic, a smoker, was their an MRI performed?

Curious to know more details.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the DOJ press release- it wasn't just one patient as you are implying. Not even close.

They ( the rep, doctor and MA) were systematically creating fraudulent notes, and altering notes to get reimbursed by CMS for a substantial period of time. That is something that cannot be defended.

Why on earth the Dr would do this is beyond me, unless she was getting kickbacks like some of the other situations, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that. Doctors do know that falsifying notes is a no-no, ya know.