ConMed Explores Sale

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the sale of the company underway, will the deal/buyer/new structure/etc be announced
    soon (next couple of months) and then the proposed deal be voted on and approved by the shareholders at the annual meeting? Is this why the shareholder meeting was delayed until the end of July? Anybody heard what the new date of the annual shareholder meeting????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Earnings call tomorrow. Probably won't learn the buyer's name, but should learn the price they'll pay. Good luck to all the Linvatec underlings. Joe C has been an absentee landlord and Joe D has run you into the ground. May you see better days with new management.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cross Zimmer off the list of potential acquirers. Buying Biomet for $13.5B will keep them busy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody has any idea at this point IF the company will be sold. Learn the name at the earnings call? Are you kidding me?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster said you'd learn the price, not the name. Market Cap dropped by $200M today. Priced to sell.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe c & joe d missed the big 13B from zimmer. You guys are asleep at the wheel.again. Just think zimmer could have gotten the hall power back and the blades. I wouldn't blame Zimmer if they didn't want your exclusive sports medicine line. Even if it included the hip scope crap. Let not forget everybody is going to want the hd3d video.

Yeah i know the J&j rumor. that's been going in since 88. If they really wanted you the would have done it years ago.

That only leave a couple players left. Stryker, S&N and arthrex.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should they wait to get more bidders. This move is too risky for Arthrex. S&N just bought Arthrocare.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SNN doubtful, they just bought ARTC. Stryker and Arthrex maybe. A leveraged buyout or Private Equity buyout possible. I would think that Covidien would be interested. What companies outside the United States would be interested? If the company does not sell quickly or at all, then the Board needs to be reinvigorated with sweeping change and reform. The senior management, for the most part, needs to be replaced. Their failures at running a public company are evident for all to see. As we have all learned recently, to our surprise, this is not a privately held company that can only be run by one family. A new CEO and a new management capable of running a multi million, international public company needs to be brought in.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard, BSX/BSC, or Becton Dickinson should buy them (or Teleflex) in order to get into the surgical device space.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EVERYONE at CONMED job hunting and no corporate action

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every major recruiter in US is overwhelmed with resumes from Conmed sales force.