Car Allowance

Discussion in 'Noven Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the car allowance with Noven....do they pay for gas also?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between $300 and $600 depending on your car. Yes, they pay for gas as you enter mileage into a tracking system.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THat was the one GOOD thing about Noven. I worked there for a year (one year too long) and beteween the car allowance, and mileage, I made an extra $800.00 a month.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

o.k. I am not a noven employee.. I run a sales ops dept. This type of post is exactly why companies are moving to fleets. Reps see car allowance as a profit center rather than reimbursement. I just moved my company from a car allowance to a fleet and this is one of the reasons.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your point is?....

Sales people are not in your company to make friends or drive fleet cars, they're in it to make money. What part of that isn't clear? In every sales job description the company is always looking for a driven, ambitious, money hungry person because those are the people that pay your sales ops salary.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really....what is the car allowance? How is it decided? There is a big difference between $300-$600. Thanks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It just depends on where you live. The base ammount for the allowance is figured by the cost of living in your area. I was in a major metro area and my base allowance was around 550, plus .056 cents per mile.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean .56 right??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I did mean .056 per mile. Things may have changed, but a year or so ago you got a base allowance of 400-600, a WEX gas card, adn .056 cents a mile. The extra nickle and a half per mile was for "ware and tear". It doesn't sound like much, but I did around 3,600 miles a month, which came out to an aditional $180.00 in tax free car allowance.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if a rep is dumb enough to think they 'made' money with a car allowance - let them - the fact is with depreciation - they made nothing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt most employees here are 'making' money off of the car allowance. When you factor in all you get with a fleet vehicle, a fleet car is much better for the rep... Tires, brakes, maintance, insurance, etc. Whoever said they are making so much off their car allowance is full of it. And why are you even on this board anyway? You don't work here... get a life!