Pfizer sucks

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a horrendous joke of a company. Hiring culture sucks. Their elitist attitude and the existing territory reps are atrocious. I was interviewed and one of the final two to be made an offer. After meeting with a rep within the territory to find out what a 'day in the life' would be like - I couldn't take a shower fast enough. She was awful! Being a female myself, meeting with this nasty, jealous, negative woman who was completely threatened was a huge turn-off and left an awful taste in my mouth in regards to this company. The culture is completely superficial and not team oriented - and they are very unforgiving in regards to hires. Your character is assassinated before they will consider you. I was unimpressed with the youth of the regional manager for the product I interviewed for, and the unprofessional, snotty manner in which she conducted herself. Even though I made it to the final cut, I was not intereted at all in working with that group of people.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you certainly represent yourself well with these comments. Just how long did it take you to compose this? As for team selling, who would want you on any team? You, my dear lady, have a baddddddddd attitude.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK. Works out for all of us. Take care.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"day in the life" what is this a CBS After School Special??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't own it!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha - you're clueless

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although the comments on her experience ring true, I can offer that, after working for several large and small pharma companies and comarketing with several more, I've found some good and some bad employees in every group. Too bad, it looks like the lead writer here bagged it without giving it a try first. I've also found that some people whom I would never have thought I could get along with ended up actually being OK.
    More often than not, the bad attitudes started at the top and filtered down. I know when I was with Pfizer it was that way. But remember, those in the upper levels move around as much as needed to keep climbing the ladder so it can change for the better over time. No doubt, arrogance was a cultural norm, but not everyone was like that. Had she spent the time, she may have found others like herself who recognized and refrained from the BS. That makes all the difference.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks, wake up! Of course it sucks. You knew this all along but chose to tuck the thought in the back of your brain. Picture your family, friends, and neighbors coming to work with you one day to watch you in action. Picture them coming to a POA and watching you there. Wouldn't you be mortified!?!?!? I certainly hope so. This job has reduced itself to one for idiots. You and your parents should be ashamed that this is how you're putting your college degree to work, because you really aren't. Let's face it, this job is for nit wit blondes and/or people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, who think a 90k package with car is a jackpot. Speaking of which, the company has been actively asking managers to hire 'minority candidates' to make the numbers balance. I think the true motivation is that these candidates will be the only ones who think this is a worthy job, and is a step up from ghetto status.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfuck Pfizer

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to tell you this but the reality is all large pharma companies. I am mystified why anyone would work for them. Not one of the better decisions of my life but I will take the pension as I earned it. But advice........never work for one.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All pharmas are like this for sales jobs. If you want to work in pharma, you should work in a job that is not sales. People are much better behaved.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was one of my best decisions (retired also). The job you started (what 25-30 years ago) was an honorable one. It has morphed into the cluster**k it is now. No worries-the industry as a whole is shrinking and will soon be reduced to very little sales jobs for Pharma companies and mostly contract. Good gigs for working moms, retired reps, etc.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also interviewed recently. I made it to the top 5 or so candidates. My referees were called, HR did a background check. It seemed like a done deal, then I was asked to go on a field ride! I thought it was strange as I wasn't new to industry, but I guess my two potential co-partners wanted a say in who's chosen. Anyway, I liked the manager, co-partners...I don't think one of them didn't liked me. So down I went. Oh well...so close, yet so far. My advice would be that co-partners have the power to sink you, so watch what you say and do.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't take long (even before someone is hired) to figure out that the people that comprise Pfizer are almost all this way. The most superficial, egotistical idiots I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Your not missing anything. Most stay just for the income benefits with little output of effort, but bit--- and complain 24/7 about how the largest pharma company could be infiltrated with such bad people and culture. Trust me, you have kept one thing that we all should treasure____ our sanity.