New CEO, New hope

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, May 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like him, I think he's going to get this company back on track. Maybe we will even get some more aggressive bonus plans again, I miss making those big bonus checks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully he gets rid of the pathetic excuse for leaders we have had for the past couple of years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, you mean sitting around all day and doing reports and building elaborate graphs doesn't actually move market share? Everyone knows that if your market grows 5-10% then you are doing well right? Uh oh, what if the overall market has grown 10%? Wait wait wait, we better do so more reports to figure this out. Mkt share is all that matters people. Mkt share Mkt share Mkt share!!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My kids and I were selling candy door to door the other day and they taught me a valuable lesson. We were limited on time so I told them we could only sell on one side of the street. There were 20 houses on one side of the street and only 8 on the other. Now naturally with my sales training I thought we needed to go home and develop a Business plan and set some personal MBO's. My kids said "Let's just go where the biggest opportunities are and ask them to buy the candy". The End!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic!! I love it. So simple that its complicated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I often feel I waist so much time fabricating business plans and now the MBO's, as well as all the other stuff we have to do. How many training platforms do we have? It just seems like a contstant trail of logging on, trying to get the passwords to work, and checking boxes. Everything is over complicted. Simply going after the business is not acceptable.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully you are taking some training classes to learn how to spell. If you are a sales rep and in front of physicians then I feel very sorry for Shire. Pethetic, my made....oops....I mean maid knows how to spell better than you!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pethetic? Really?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have hope

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Flemming,

I love you. Dave and Clarissa suck. Please rescue us.

Love,
    The Salesforce

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe Dave is genuine and has the best interest of the sales force at heart. CES needs to go and should be part of the non-revenue generating initiatives that gets cut if Fleming is a man of his word. She brings no value or credibility to the sales force.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you believe that about Dave you need your head examined

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"No more business as usual" - NSM Arizona,2013

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Well said!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously! I have a feeling Flemming had an epic WTF! look on his face when he first heard about MBO's, all the time out of the field esp for the hybrids and paying 6 figures to "non-revenue generating" reps. I bet he thought he would have to dig deep to figure out why we tanked Q1, but ohhh no, there it was in bright ass neon letters.

I think reality has hit Dave in the face, but if not, I hope he hits the door. And for the love of God, I hope Flemming has witnessed the total lack of competency that is Clarissa. Please, Flemmy, FIRE her!!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please get rid of her!! She is ruining the sales force!! My RD and ZD never even mention her name, it's always Dave B. What does she do???

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although I am sure that the look on his face when heard about MBO's and PAS's was like WTF, could you imagine the expression he would make if he could somehow be made aware of the impact all of these changes have had on the Sales Force, from the honest and accurate portrayal from someone in the field? He would lose his mind! That being said, I know that we have a Q and A with him next week, and I hope someone brings it up. I wish I had the balls to tell him....

1- MBO's, although they're gone, whoever came up with them should be fired. Anyone that tried to shovel the importance of them down our throats should be fired. And the best part about the MBO's is that even if you were one of the reps that worked really hard on them, collaborated with your team as best you can, and honestly DID earn a CE (even if it was just a few hundred bucks), the RD's have been advised that everyone gets CM's regardless of effort. So, even that was for nothing. Total BS

2- We've seen several friends and co-workers either get laid off or quit over the past few months. Some for better opportunities, and some just casualties of the re-org. Now, the PAS's are going to lose their positions, BUT the company will do ANYTHING to save them. Now I don't believe anyone should ever lose their job, but why the double standard? They're going to realign all of the territories AGAIN to make room for them 6 months after they laid 100 people off that were working in those territories??

3- Is there a human being on the planet that is wearing or using one of those stupid f'ing watches or finger holders that they gave us in Phoenix? I know its trivial, but would previous leadership done that? Why this one? Look up the company that makes the watces, try to find one positive thing..

4- Individual numbers are back! Individual Numbers are back!! Hooray, we are going back to an individual IC plan, the IC plan from 2012..... Wait, that IC plan sucked too.. There was no money really to be made in 2012, right? And, did we see how hard it was to reach 100% to goal in Q1 2013?? Did we see how hard it was even with VitalSigns GA %'s being inflated sometimes up to 5%? Wake up people, do we think its going to be easy to get to 100% now? No, it won't. They're going to just take the same goals and implement them indiviually. So, basically just look at the individual payouts for Vyvanse at 100% and Intuniv at 100% and thats ALL YOU'RE GETTING FOLKS. So, now think of what that $$$ is, and look at Q1 bonus statments. Is it much different if at all? Its all just smoke and mirrors, designed to take your perspective off of the lies.

5- Can we all recall that Monday in November 2012? November 26, when CES left the Sales Force that voice recording. The recording where she sounded like she was speaking to hostages or prisoners of war. The heartless soul-less message where she told us they've made their decisions, and to go to work on Tuesday iike nothing is happening, and then take off Wednesday and wait for "The Call". Did anyone sense even a lick of sadness, sorrow,or despair? No, she has no soul. Even Dave, whether he cared or not, sounded sincere. Would previous leadership have sounded like that during easily the most difficult month this sales force HAS EVER seen?? Not a chance. Then we get calls on that Wednesday basically just telling us what we'd be doing and where, but absolutely no mention of Bonus Plan. Nope, we sat in the dark until end of January when they finally rolled it out. It was like going for an interview at any company in the worid and saying, "Look, i don't care where you put me, how much you pay me, or what role I'd be fulfilling. I just need a job, please hire me" Was it not? Is that any way to treat your sales force?

6- Has anyone else noticed that the screenshots theyve taken religiously every Monday of their VitalSigns numbers are all still saved in their ipads, EXCEPT for week ending 3/29? Ask yourself why that would be? Whether its there or not on yours, its not there on many others who are certain they saved it. Ask, even if its there for you, would it be above this current leadership to have them remotely removed for obvious reasons? Ask yourself if former leadership was still in place, would you be questioning it?

7- VitalSigns numbers.. We are all aware of it, and it reeks of BS. Does anyone think for even a second that if the inaccuracies occured in OUR FAVOR that the email from IC would be as shortsighted as it was. Blah, blah, blah these are the numbers, blah, blah, blah, take it or leave it. So now, we can't trust our numbers. Which given the shadiness of this leadership team, its a major problem bc we CANT TRUST THEM. Take your minds back to a few years ago, and although some will argue this, most will agree. If we didn't have any access to Goal Attainment #'s throughout the quarter, we would trust leadership and home office that the numbers they gave us EOQ were fair and accurate, right? Not this leadership. Even if the numbers on the bonus reports are accurate wouldnt you, after all we've been through, just take one on the chin and pay your reps?? Wouldn't previosu leadership do it? Why not this one?

8- Our Ipads were SUPPOSED to make things better, make our jobs easier. Now, we have product restrictions every single day that makes it impossible to schedule an itinerary. We have sample eligiblity issues that cause us to avoid offices that we know need samples. Would this have happened with previous leadership?

9- Help Desk. Can you call them a help desk? Should they just be desk? I mean honestly, they cant open a trouble ticket for a sample in-eligibility issue without a screen shot from irep showing the red x. Home office needs to see the red x. We can't tell them its there, and have them start to resolve the problem, they need to see the picture. Why? What sense is that? It takes days, sometimes weeks to fix any problem and thats IF they actually fix it.

10- We are about 2 months away from our second NSM of the year, and while I am excited to spend a few days in Miami and drinking/eating for free, what could they possibly say or do while standing on that stupid stage with their stupid music, and their stupid speeches that is going to erase the last 6 months? As happy as I am that some of the changes they made are going away, how could this current leadershop team stand up there and TRY to sound credible? They can't, so they need to go.

11- We are going live with the Ipads being our presentation piece after this meeting, doesn ANYONE have even a lick of faith that it will work? Does anyone have a doctor that will sit there and wait for you to restart the app, or send a screenshot to help desk to try to figure out why you can't launch the videos? Maybe we could have them sign for samples while we are doing this... Oh wait, they're probably not eligible for samples anyway, right?

12- If you think of Shire as a big pie, and each part (pay, resources, leadership, training, IC plan, management, help desk, quality of life, etc) as a slice of the pie, the whole damn thing reeks. We could overlook a slice here and there being bad, but could make up for it with other good lsices. Not this pie, not this leadership..

13- Flemming needs to know that this great culture of Shire that he speaks of is gone. He needs to know just how disengaged this sales force is from home office/leadership. He needs to know that the amount of people in the field that have faith and trust in anything that comes out of anyone's mouth in Chesterbook is very small, and even they are wavering. He needs to know that we are grossly underpaid. He needs to be aware that this sales force has been kicked, beaten, lied to, misrepresented, misled, and dragged through the mud for months. And we should all just be happy we have jobs. Is that NOT the attitude out of this leadership team? Was it the attitude from previous leadership?

Flemming, from me to you, on an anonymous board bc I dont have the balls to make career suicide and open up in the Q and A, and because no matter what they say at Shire, nothing is anonymous. Please understand, what you THINK Shire is based on history or what they are feeding you at Home Office COULD NOT be further from an accurate depiction of what Shire is today. I hope you or someone close to you reads this and shares it with you. I hope someone in the sales force steps up next week to say all of this and more to you. I hope you continue what you are doing to try to make Shire profitable and successful in the years to come. But please realize, there are people out there that are the face of this company. These people are the people that are solely responsible for driving results, increae revenue, and build credibility for this company. And these are the same people that have been negatively impacted the most by this horrible leadership team.

We are the people that need you the most. The vacancies will keep growing. The sales force that helped lauch several products, that have built amazing share and growth, the people that were the culture of Shire are either all gone or are leaving. Put your money where your mouth is... or better yet, put it in the bank accounts of the people working for it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must have my Flemmings mixed up, cause the guy that left Bayer is usually too busy worrying about his next bigger better title. The line is 30 months and I will take the under. You all thought he really cared - did he mention yet that he was and MD, MPH, blah blah blah, cause he will, and often...poor you guys

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't care less if he cares or not. And 30 months is plenty of time to erase all of this bs. I wish we could erase the past 30 months and go back. Ahhhh, Calgon take me away.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Try finding better use of your time.