Lutonix

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for those of you bashing BPV - go pound sand.

Happy BPV employee.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ssshhhhhh........do you hear the train coming? Wake up.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard waaaaaayyyy overpaid. The deal amortization is going to choke this division to death. Bad move.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard can't make any of its own devices anymore and is following the failed pharmaceutical model: have other companies do rd and then buy them in hope of sales. It will work for a short season, but it will catch up because it requires larger and larger deals. The company is too risk averse for big deals. Just look at the street's view of existing sales... Not so hot. The ability to develop game changers internally is a real weakness. Look at LifeStent, Sapiens, the failed CafePharma, StatLock, SHPI, SenoRX, blah blah blah. Until Bard can internally develop this company and its stock go nowhere! But hey, at least Jim and John get their huge bonuses. Good for them!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard is leveraging itself into being a buyout candidate. And you know who I am talking about.

This is a risky buy. Flowcardia was beyond risky. Lifestent is just beginning to pay off. Clearstream...stupid ass move.

We keep buying companies with unproven or also-ran technologies. Now I am hearing CSI is next. Don't do it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ask JNJ about the Clearstream deal

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The companies that will be major players in vascular in 5 years won't be dicking around with balloons, stents, and filters.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ClearStream put them in the catbird seat to choke Cordis and buy the supplier of Lutonix in one move. Nothing short of brilliant.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets get real. We are going to have to sell moxy at 2000 a balloon. and if there is a long lesion that is $6000 per case you are going to have to use three balloons. I am sure this is what the hospital are looking for to partner with a "leader" in the peripheral space. 350,000,000 for MOXY. Medtronic is making there own and will sell it for $500.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God..I hope you're not a Bard sales person. If so we did a really bad job in hiring. It might be a good idea for you to take a few M & A classes to "catch up" a bit. Oh, I forgot who I was dealing with, M & A is mergers and acqusitions. Good luck in your next job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a Bard sales rep. I dont need a M&A class to know we are going to have to sell this MOXY for $2000 just to get our $ back.

Learn to do Math, then take your M&A class smart guy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was an absurd amount to pay considering how long it will be before we get it to market. Oh, and it didn't kill Cordis. If anything it woke them up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it didn't kill Cordis as it hasn't launched yet. May end being very expensive wake call for them though.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they woke up

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cordis is a joke right now. No credibility and ready to be taken ot the woodshed.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'Ready' to be taken? We've had three years to make a dent while they were asleep at the wheel. Talk about self inflicted wounds! I thought JnJ was going to sell them off. They fired the Cardio Reps, got out of DES, major recalls, backorders. We had their head on a platter.

If you know anything- when JnJ wants to start investing in a business, there is no company on the planet that can do it better. You just saw they bought a stent company a few weeks back. They have AAA coming. They will have a major play in renal hypertension. What does Bard have coming to market in the next 18mths. Abbott? BSX? Nothing. That's my point- this is a shit market, and Bard has been flying high for three years- mainly because of Cordis' incompetency. Bard is headed for some serious headwinds. But so is ABT, BSX, etc.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. The CORDIS will use their high ticket items (denervation, AAA, eventually structural heart) to pull through the commodity products , which all of Bard's are

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CSI? I thought you had an atherectomy device..... "via atherectomy"

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The product is going to be a rock star. Period end of story.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too expensive, need longer lengths, Medtronic is making their own. Stop drinking the kool aide aka JB's urine. We are hosed when we ask $2000 for a balloon with magic dust sprinkled on it. Maybe it will make reindeer fly.