Rough Times Ahead You Have Been Warned

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2014 at 3:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rough times ahead for JNJ, more layoffs and more company consolidations to come.

http://www.newsmax.com/Outbrain/billionaires-dump-economist-stocks/2012/08/29/id/450265

Here is a small portion from the article:

......"In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel......"

This article came out 3 days ago. JNJ is investing in foreign markets not the U.S.

Enjoy ESC while you can. Just trying to help those who can't see through reality.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says the guy posting on a message board at 330 in the morning...
    Go away bro..sorry you no longer work here but i guess it makes you feel
    Better to tell yourself that it's not a good place to work

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn, from the sales reps who have grown tired of managers who have nothing but insults to combat the truth. Consumer Activism is going to kill companies like JNJ who focus on fixing their image (20-30 million spent on campaign For All You Love) but put Band-Aids on the real problems within the organization (Paying over $2 Billion in federal fines for off label promotion where children died and 14 year old boys grew breasts). Phone apps like buycott dot com allow consumers toput their purchasing dollars towards companies they want to support and track the parent company and all subsidiaries they'd like to boycott. There are several JNJ campaigns on the site already. Buffett selling 19 million shares of JNJ stock should send a message to the Company, but likely won't.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you've convinced me with your argument. We are in a good place. I guess we can talk about it during our NTM, whoops, that was cancelled.

While your in depth argument is outstanding, the numbers on Analyzer don't support your thoughts.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didnt need Warren Buffett to sell his stake in JNJ to tell me this place is not what it was 5 years ago. I just needed to watch Ethicon divest great divisions that truly helped people, discontinue investing in businesses that were staples of Ethicon and have yearly massive layoffs. Ethicon is a place to start your career, get your feet wet and then say you work for JNJ and you are super cool and can buy a 10 year supply of cotton balls and qtips for 3 cents. Once you get that out of your system you look for a company that has a balance where they value the shareholders AND the reps.

ETHICON is swirling the shitter folks and will eventually have very small sales forces for the few divisions it has left. History tells us this.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My numbers do..over 60% of reps in our region hit plan.
    Sorry if your year sucked..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And how big of a mid year adjustment did we have to ask the mothership for so that you could hit our plan?

You hit your number. Great. However, the company as a whole is hurting. You think Gary P cares that you hit your number or that he is having the entire Ethicon business ask for adjustments because the business isn't growing?

Energy had to ask for a 40+ million dollar adjustment and surgical care was right along side with them. Oh, and the money that Gary gave Energy (25 million a year for 3 years for R&D)was allocated to surgical care because surgical care was hurting in 2013.

Its not hard to hit your number when all you have to do is maintain your base. Take a look at sales vs. units for PY and see how much you're growing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's sales. You're expected to hit your plan. That's the bare minimum requirement for this job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think you can hit your number just by maintaining your base? This proves you have no clue what you are talking about.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am responsible for selling Energy and am looking to get out of this division ASAP. Reprocessing (thanks to NObamacare) has destroyed us and I have accepted the fact that I will probably be out of a job by June....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must not have explained myself properly. My mistake. My argument was our growth expectations for 2013(once you factor in our adjustment to JNJ mid year) were minimal. So basically, we had to maintain our base and have 1-2% growth. Most of us should be able to do that in our sleep with price increases or product up-grades(IE - Powered Echelon). How much did you think we grew us a company? Energy didn't grow, they shrank. How much of it was actual growth and not the result of downsizing? (Anyone been to Cincy lately? The marketing department has been shredded by layoffs).

2014 will be interesting.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a stock holder its about bottom line and profit . I am 100% JnJ stock in 401k . I have over 10k in shares . So stop complaining and sell something or leave

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to mention you are a jnj minion (employee). No one else would ever put 100% JNJ stock into their 401K, other than an unsavvy investor such as yourself.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will there be layoff's and consolidation within J&J? Yes, there will be, but that does not tell the whole story as there are so many business units that will stay unaffected OR benefit from the elimination of other units (look at Gyn being consolidated into Energy and Biosurgery at some point this year).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an employee, and I agree, putting 100% into ANY one stock is flat-out crazy.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think and do what you want.

The main message is "be warned"

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen! Yes, there will likely be changes but that is normal for an business. It won't necessarily be for the worst. Ethicon is too strong a company and we will be around for a long time. I don't think we can get any leaner without losing a significant amount of business. I'm hoping change continues to be for the better. There will be some opportunities for all of us that will be flat out cool.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"flat out cool" I work with a guy that says that all the time.....Kipper is that you?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work with a guy named Kipper! Is that you Frank?