5076 MRI Compatibility

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Old 5086 lead was major barrier to adoption of Advisa DR MRI. With the approval of 5076 for MRI compatibility, how do you see adoption proceeding? Will Adapta DR still have much of a role? Will hospitals balk at the cost uptick and restrict? Will this move share? Interested to see how this plays out.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going forward, this is a real win for patients. 5076 I believe is the highest used brady lead. All of the existing 5076 patients qualify. That means if your mom has those leads and needs an MRI, a case could be made for putting a new can in place of her existing one.

I do think this will move adoption toward MRI compatible. Adapta will still be used, unipolar config. Leads, search AV; but Advisa has atrial therapies which do work.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure how excited CMS and/or private pay insurances will be to simply replace existing devices with MRI devices without an ERI indication or an absolute NEED for MRI.

That being said, I agree it is a win that all lengths of the 5076 were approved. It will make life a lot easier at changeout/upgrade time.