Ol 1000 or Orthofix Stimulator

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Sep 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how orthofix likes to talk about PEMF data yet also try to distance themselves from EBI. It is the same device. All of the data out there, which is a lot, is based on the EBI device. Ofix only has one single trial and the patients were instructed to use the device for eight hours just like EBI. They are the same product with the same technology. If you include all of the patients in the ofx trial in the results, as they should have, you'll see that there heal rate is essentially the same as the EBI stimulator. And in the 60% range.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

past ofx distro here. above is true, we were role-played to talk about 'the dangers of the gel', but it is plain old transducer gel people. i mean really. how many of your 90-day plus non unions are in a cast? 1%?? dont go to your doctors with that garbage.

good to see this thread. DJ success rate is 60-- AT BEST. Pk, 60.7. orthofix shows 80%, but if you look at the trial closely you will see that they mandated an 8-hour wear time just like EBI, then separated all of the patients who didn't use it under the 3:00 mark ( who all had a 30-something% success rate). if you do some simple math they have the same 60 something% heal rate, just like EBI Biomet.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many surgeons cast non-unions. Any decent foot and ankle surgeon will insure non weight bearing on most nonunions and revisions.

I sold Exogen and the gel created many issues in the cast and on the skin of elderly patients.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how orthofix likes to talk about PEMF data yet also try to distance themselves from EBI. It is the same device. All of the data out there, which is a lot, is based on the EBI device. Ofix only has one single trial and the patients were instructed to use the device for eight hours just like EBI. They are the same product with the same technology. If you include all of the patients in the ofx trial in the results, as they should have, you'll see that there heal rate is essentially the same as the EBI stimulator. And in the 60% range.

AND THEY ARE CROOKS TOO!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. Several sets of data on 3 hour efficacy being around 88%. Your marketing people do not disclose this data and teach you to bash. Funny how DJ Ortho changed their wear time which reduces efficacy significantly. If a surgeon is serious about healing a difficult non- union; 20 or 30 minute treatments are weak and simply a marketing ploy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you did your research instead of just buying into your company dribble, you would see many Orthofix Physio-Stim studies and engineering data that differentiates their circuits verses EBI's. Both PEMF, yes, but Orthofix has differentiations, higher amps, different circuit pattern, etc.

If you ever bothered to truly research your competition) you will also find studies that show PhysioStim around 88 percent efficacy at 3 hours. (Otherwise FDA would not allow claims) So you do lie and misrepresent when ever you feel threatened by your 60 percent overall efficacy verses your competition's? All I ever hear DJO reps doing is bashing their competitors without any data to proove themselves.

Every One of these bone stim companies has a few shady reps among them who haven't been caught (yet). I bet if your CMF1000 reps were audited, a lot of crap would hit the fan.

Your best line of defense is to try to show the merits of your own product without looking foolish by not having appropriate data on your competition.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ofx has ONE study that achieved 80% success by separating the results groups into two groups, as someone stated above. You quote 88 and other numbers based on that same study, looking at fracture faps of 0-3mm. 0mm!! And this was a part of the study that required patients to wear the device for 8 hours. If patients used the device for anywhere under the 3-hour mark, the success / heal rate is in the 37 percent range. Patients using the device for 2, 2 1/2 hours, that is real world compliance and you know it.

Is there another study you would like to share, because it seemsiks Orthofix only has one. Incredible amounts of Kool aid beind drunk over there, wow

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok please enlighten us on how you can show an 88 % heal rate, would love to hear it. Was it on those fracture gaps of ZERO mm? Your reps are constantly quoting 88 as your heal rate, I would love to hear about your multiple 'studies'

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So so so damn true.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right but DJO hides their dirty reps through distributers. John DeSchandt brings in bottles of Dom to offices and pays staff to use DJO. DJO fired him for his unethical business and now he just works for a distributer selling DJO instead. Its the only way DJO can get the business.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny. Now Orthofix is the cleanest on the street.
    All these companies have some corrupt reps, managers and distributors.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, Orthofix, then EBI. Who's next?
    This just in. See below.

Department of Justice
    Office of Public Affairs
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014
    Biomet Companies to Pay Over $6 Million to Resolve False Claims Act Allegations Concerning Bone Growth Stimulators
    EBI LLC, doing business as Biomet Spine and Bone Healing Technologies and Biomet Inc. have agreed to pay $6.07 million to resolve allegations that EBI violated the False Claims Act by paying kickbacks to induce use of its bone growth stimulators and billing federal health care programs for refurbished stimulators, the Department of Justice announced today. EBI is a medical device company located in Parsippany, New Jersey, that sells bone growth stimulators, which are used to repair fractures that are slow to heal. It is a subsidiary of Biomet, which is based in Warsaw, Indiana.

“Medical device companies must not use improper financial incentives to influence the decision to use their products,” said Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General August Flentje of the Justice Department’s Civil Division. “This settlement demonstrates the department’s commitment to protect patients, and the taxpayers who fund their care, by ensuring that medical decisions are based on the patients’ medical needs rather than the financial interests of others.”

The United States alleged that, from 2001 to 2008, EBI paid staff at doctors’ offices to influence doctors to order its bone growth stimulators. These payments were allegedly provided pursuant to personal service agreements with staff members. The United States concluded that these payments violated the Anti-Kickback Act and resulted in false billings to various federal health care programs, including Medicare. The settlement also resolves EBI’s disclosure that it received federal reimbursements for bone growth stimulators that had been refurbished.

“This settlement demonstrates our resolve in ensuring that patients receive, and the government pays for, health care that is based on sound medical judgment, and not compromised by kickbacks,” said U.S. Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz of the District of Massachusetts.

“Kickbacks taint medical decision-making, cause overutilization of services, and lead to increased taxpayer and patient costs,” said Special Agent in Charge Phillip Coyne of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (HHS-OIG). “These improper inducements have no place in government health programs relied on by millions of Americans.”

The settlement resolves in part an allegation filed in a lawsuit by Yu Yue, a former product manager for EBI, in federal court in New Jersey. The lawsuit was filed under the qui tam, or whistleblower, provisions of the False Claims Act, which permit private individuals to sue on behalf of the government for false claims and to share in any recovery. Yu’s share has not yet been determined.

This settlement illustrates the government’s emphasis on combating health care fraud and marks another achievement for the Health Care Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Action Team (HEAT) initiative, which was announced in May 2009 by the Attorney General and the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The partnership between the two departments has focused efforts to reduce and prevent Medicare and Medicaid financial fraud through enhanced cooperation. One of the most powerful tools in this effort is the False Claims Act. Since January 2009, the Justice Department has recovered a total of more than $23 billion through False Claims Act cases, with more than $14.8 billion of that amount recovered in cases involving fraud against federal health care programs.

The settlement was the result of a coordinated effort by the Commercial Litigation Branch of the Civil Division; the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts; HHS-OIG; the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General; the Defense Criminal Investigative Service; the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Inspector General and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Office of Criminal Investigations.

Ms. Yu’s case is captioned United States ex rel. Yu v. Biomet, Inc., Civil Action No. 09-1731 (D.N.J.). The claims resolved by the settlement are allegations only; there has been no determination of liability.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well if the DOJ investigates Stark law and internal DME companies in clinics using bone stims through buy and bill, then things will really get interesting!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a clinic, or it's internal dme service, is stupid enough to bill Medicare for DME; then it's on them not the manufacturer unless the manuf. rep persuades them to do it. The law is blatant.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clinic can't bill federal billers for buy/bill DME but a third party can as long as credentialed with Medicare. Right?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure why Medicare or Workman's comp still covers the CMF1000 bone stimulator.

Orthofix, like all of the medical device companies, had a handful of rouge representatives who got caught doing stupid things a couple of years ago. It's in the past, many people were fired and Orthofix is now the most compliant of all the bone stimulator companies with checks and balances in place. They even back their product where DJ Ortho does not.

Orthofix has the highest healing rates in treating Non-Union Fractures and Fusions. 3 hours to wear is actually easy because the PhysioStim can be worn during activities or sleep. One can just go about their day and be assured.

But if you don't want good chances of healing then by all means use DJ Ortho CMF 1000.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No argument. Looking at the science, the Orthoix PhysioStim is best for non-unions.
    Also Orthofix is best in class for spine external stimulation where indicated.

Orthofix has their act together. No tolerance for rouge behavior.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how orthofix likes to talk about PEMF data yet also try to distance themselves from EBI. It is the same device. All of the data out there, which is a lot, is based on the EBI device. Ofix only has one single trial and the patients were instructed to use the device for eight hours just like EBI. They are the same product with the same technology. If you include all of the patients in the ofx trial in the results, as they should have, you'll see that there heal rate is essentially the same as the EBI stimulator.
    And in the 60% range.

AND THEY ARE CROOKS TOO!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got a bill for $540 for my orthofix bone stimulator from my surgery last year. No bill till now. I never even got any info on leasing or renting mine. I dont even remeber signing anything for it in the first place. Also it was paid for by medicare as orthopedic services! so something is fishy. My surgery was in November 2013. Before the settlement so I think they are trying to squeeze me for the money. Besides the bill looks really fake!